Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

101 amp/sub please..also brand /size ? help input :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 101 amp/sub please..also brand /size ? help input :)

ok so i have a pioneer acic f900bt deck/nav unit all wired and ready to install but i want to do it all at once so i was thinking of adding a small sub/amp behind rear seat ..not sure if what i will need thinking of keeping stock speakers money thing so thinking amp/sub first and speakers can be changed pretty easiely later unless i can find some on sale clearence ect that someone reccommends.. what amp do i want there are diffrent omz channels ect and im confused..im just looking for an inexpensive ( clearence or used set-up) so i dont need the newest product ect. this boston stuff is half price but let me know what would be a good choice and what is involved with install..the head unit has a 2nd harness for amps ect so im assuming its an easy plug in..where do the wires run(hide) in the interior ? is there a set-up with amp/sub in a box that will fit behind seat easly.. any help,suggestions.,pictures of ur set-up ect would be awsome.i just want a good sounding system on a budget and if it might be better just to replace stock speakers instead suggest that also im just not too sure what would be best and figure a few peeps have gone through this already and can save me some steps ect//thanx all
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-0KW8h7y...=FFCategory%7c[rank100]Car+Amplifiers&nvpair=FFBrand|Boston+Acoustics&omn ews=9559507
Old 02-21-2011, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my experience with subs and amps, you get what you pay for. Buying used is probably your best bet here. Watch closely for scratched off id plates. You wouldn't believe how many times I've gone to look at stuff, only to find its obviously stolen. As far as wiring, the lower gauge the better. For you, since you want something small, I think you'll find 300 watts rms would be way lots. Now there's a way of setting things up. Make sure your amp is capable of out powering you sub. I know it sounds a little counter intuitive, but its better to be easy on your amp and hard on your sub, than hard on your amp and easy on your sub. Just go easy on the volume. Ex) if your sub is rated to 300 rms, you want an amp rated to around 500 rms. Any other questions?

Quick Reply: 101 amp/sub please..also brand /size ? help input :)