Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

02 regular cab system setup, opinions wanted

Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 regular cab system setup, opinions wanted

Just bought a 2002 regular cab f150 from a buddy since he just bought a lightning. Just a daily driver for me but I wanted to add a little bump w/ budget in mind. This is what I bought so far and what I paid, all I need is a box which I will probably get built and a single 10" sub. Anybody had experience w the supercrew sound stuff, I don't want to lose leg room, I'm 6'2". Keep in mind I'm not trying to blow ear drums, just a little upgrade over stock.

Kenwood head unit (mp345u)-$129 shipped including harness and install kit

4 kenwood 6x8's (c6893ps)-$88 including shipping

Kicker 08zx700.5 amp - $170

box & sub- ??????
Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

I would return the Kenwoods and get one set of components for the front doors. My personal opinion in the regular cabs that I've had, the rear speakers completely screw up the imaging and make it sound like everything is coming from above and behind you. You could then bridge the four mid/high amp channels to two and run 130W RMS to components.

If you are stuck with the kenwoods, I would band pass the rears to remove all the high notes and vocals.

You could do a single 10 or 12 (4 ohm DVC) with the 420W RMS, giving you plenty of room for a ported box. The Infinity Reference and JBL GTO subs are a good bang for your buck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 regular cab system setup, opinions wanted