Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What's Up Everybody . . . From Central Ohio!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 01:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default What's Up Everybody . . . From Central Ohio!

Just thought I'd jump in and say hi to everybody. I just picked up a new 2013 F150 XLT SuperCrew this past Thursday! I've pretty much wanted an F150 since I was in high school (we won't talk about how long ago that's been), but I just never got around to it. I had a S10 for a little while (wrecked it being stupid in my young Marine Corps days), and never got another truck. My Ol' Lady and I have been talking about getting an F150 for a couple of years, since she rents them a lot for work. Hell, she loves them as much as I do. We've probably spent a year nailing down all the features we wanted, and which model.

Well, I woke up on Thursday afternoon (night owl . . . hehehe), drank some coffee, and did some browsing of the local dealer inventories. Found a leftover 2013 XLT S-Crew, with the EcoBoost engine, and exactly every single option we wanted. Compared it with the other dealers in town, and nobody else even came close to their "Internet Pricing". So, I thought about it over a few cups of coffee, then decided to take a drive to "clear my head". Strange, I found myself at the aforementioned dealership. After taking a test drive, I decided that it was easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, and besides, she hated my car. LOL!

I'm a forum guy . . . love the knowledge base of a common product, and the social aspect. I use forums a lot for my gadgets, my motorcycles (where are all the Harley guys?), and vehicles. Glad to find this one!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:42 AM

Received 83 Likes on 78 Posts

1) Welcome to the forum.
2) "I thought about it over a few cups of coffee,"
You must have been quite revved when you hit the showroom.
3) Congrats on your XLT
4) "(where are all the Harley guys?)"
I don't know where they all are, but here is one right here.
06 Fatboy & '11 Roadking. I have more miles on my bikes than my truck. I've been hanging around the various Delphi forums for the bike stuff.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:14 AM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 boards! I'm in Columbus OH as well myself.

Congrats on the new ride! What color did you get and which dealership? I got my 12 XLT from Germain off Sawmill last year, was pretty good group to work with, esp considering how very picky I was/am, took them a while to find the exact color/engine/bed/interior I wanted but they finally did track one down in another state and brought it in for me.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:32 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Welcome from SoCal. Sounds like you had a great time finally getting to your purchase. You gave away your age when you refered to your "significant other" as your "old Lady". Been awhile since I heard that expression. lol
Old 02-03-2014, 02:47 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tiresmoke
1) Welcome to the forum.
[/quote]

Thanks so much!

You must have been quite revved when you hit the showroom.
Yeah, I was going pretty good. Hehehe!

I don't know where they all are, but here is one right here.
06 Fatboy & '11 Roadking. I have more miles on my bikes than my truck. I've been hanging around the various Delphi forums for the bike stuff.
Nice choices. I'm a RK rider myself.

Originally Posted by Franchi Motorsports
Welcome to the F150 boards! I'm in Columbus OH as well myself.

Congrats on the new ride! What color did you get and which dealership? I got my 12 XLT from Germain off Sawmill last year, was pretty good group to work with, esp considering how very picky I was/am, took them a while to find the exact color/engine/bed/interior I wanted but they finally did track one down in another state and brought it in for me.
Awesome! I got the sterling gray metallic. Picked it up from Dick Masheter, down on Hamilton! I'd never bought there before, but they made the process pretty painless!
Old 02-03-2014, 02:50 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Welcome to the site.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:49 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!

Quick Reply: What's Up Everybody . . . From Central Ohio!