Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Unusual problem, need help please!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unusual problem, need help please!

I have a 06 XLT that the disc changer in the cd player went out on not too long ago. Not a biggie, still have factory warranty so I took it up to the dealer and watched them change the headunit and the cd player worked fine. Well. After that I noticed that the volume for the sound system was very noticably quieter than originally. Where before having the volume at about 4 or 5 bars was driving around volume, I turn it all the way up now an it's still not that loud. I took it back in and the radio guy didn't know what it was. Swapped out 3 headunits and the problem continued. Replacing antenna assembly today but I don't think it will fix it. A friend said installing a headunit with power still applied to the truck could burn out the headunit and/or sound system wiring. And when you think about it there's not much else it could be, all it is is a headunit, speaker and wiring and the speakers passed the diagnostics test so idk what it could be. I'm thinking a replaced headunit and a system rewire might be required to fix it eventually but idk what all that entails. He also dropped a fuse from something as he as taking out the headunit the first time but he said he didn't know what it was but idk if that could have done it.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be or any experience themselves with a problem like this? I'm at a loss and need help.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Need some more info - do you have any idea if your "new" headunits are compartible with stock wiring? It happens if the speaker grounding is not connected. Do you hear music in stereo ?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:47 AM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Also, are you hearing music from ALL your speakers? I dunno your specific setup but maybe your hearing the fronts and not back or vice versa....

Just a thought...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Unusual problem, need help please!