Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Slightly used F150 in N Carolina

Old 12-02-2010, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slightly used F150 in N Carolina

Hi. I just picked up a '91 F150 XLT Lariat with very low mileage. It only has 65k and has fairly old/stale gas in it and was driven very rarely over the past few years. I drove it and i starts right up and idles well in park or neutral, but idles very rough if in gear at a stop. Tranny shifts velvety smoothe and I believe it will be an excellent truck with a little TLC.

I know I need to drain the gas tanks (but have no idea if that is easy) and change all fluids and filters. Will probably put new plugs and wires on as well.

Does anyone feel like suggesting other things to do ASAP or areas to check closely? Is there any fuel additive that you folks have used and had good luck with?

Thanks in advance,
Terry
Old 12-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com ..Lots of good guys and info here... Be sure to post some pictures

i would not drain tha gas.. i would add new.. and some stabilizors ...or sea foam... and just run it.. i would change alll fluids and filters ...
Old 12-03-2010, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks bobkyle. I have used sea foam a lot in tractors and mowers, but never in a vehicle. It's good to see it mentioned for the truck, because it works GREAT in the older engines.

Hmmm...white possum or Susan???
Old 12-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

HEYYYYYYYYYYY thats what i call my 93 f250..... lmao

Sea foam is the stuffff... lol i run it in most of my vehicals... and in my boat... its like a carburator rebuild kit in a can for my boat

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Slightly used F150 in N Carolina