Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Saved and waited for 25 yrs. still afraid?

Old 09-11-2016, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Saved and waited for 25 yrs. still afraid?

After saving and waiting, and fixing old cars, we are about to buy a 2016 Ford F150 supercrew 4by4, 3.5lt eco boost, 6 passenger, no console, 17 inch tires.
Options
1875 tow package, (on it already, the 925 tow pkg would work perfect)
spot lights and manual extended side mirrors, (already on it, we did not ask for this) value of $700 I could use on fees...
On the road, after all fees. taxes.licencing with full tank of gas, bed liner, bug deflector. (not undercoating, not extended warranty, not maintenance program)
$45,946.83 CDN plus 700 if the first black truck is not avail,
Questions
Is this fair?
Do I do the undercoating or maintenance agreement, my research says NO
Do I consider the 8yr. or 200KM extended warranty?
If the first black truck which does not have those two extra ad on's is not available, the second black truck cost that $700 more, but there is a blue jeans metallic without the extra charge. I like black, but what does anyone think of this color? I find it very sparkly.
Should we wait for the 2017?
Yrs, ago I visited a garage owner page, as I had a question and so many ppl answered and gave ne assurance of what I was dealing with, AND they were all CORRECT.
I would truly appreciate any info anyone could offer.
thank you in advance
Old 09-11-2016, 10:18 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Is this the XL? I will let others advise regarding the price - the US Ford web site shows this truck listing for USD $39,905 which is about $52,176 CDN. I agree with you on not paying for undercoating or maintenance agreement. Regarding the extended warranty, in the US, we can save a lot on the same Ford ESP by purchasing through a third party like Ziegler, but I don't know about Canada. The extra warranty is a personal choice - I prefer to have it, some don't. It is simply insurance. As for color, go with your gut - if black makes you happy, it's the best color. That's an easy one. The 2016 VS 2017 question is also a personal choice. In my mind, the 2016 is essentially a 2015 with most of the bugs worked out - a very nice truck. If I understand correctly the 2017 introduces a new 10-speed transmission paired with the ecoboost. It should improve fuel economy, but it is a new transmission. I lean toward tried and proven. Either way you are going to love your new F-150. Congrats on patiently sweating and saving. Don't be afraid - be thrilled you are finally getting your truck - enjoy!

Last edited by user 8629320; 09-12-2016 at 08:10 AM.
The following users liked this post:
roselisacomeau (09-17-2016)
Old 09-12-2016, 08:02 AM

Turns out the 2017 3.5 Ecoboost will have a new engine as well as a new 10-speed transmission. I would go with the 2016 - probably can get it for lower cost and avoid new tech problems. Just my opinion.

Press releases:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...-best-in-.html

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...ter-boost.html

Last edited by user 8629320; 09-12-2016 at 08:15 AM.
The following users liked this post:
roselisacomeau (09-17-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 09:29 AM

Default thank you litteraly brought me to tears

Originally Posted by Memphishaze
Is this the XL? I will let others advise regarding the price - the US Ford web site shows this truck listing for USD $39,905 which is about $52,176 CDN. I agree with you on not paying for undercoating or maintenance agreement. Regarding the extended warranty, in the US, we can save a lot on the same Ford ESP by purchasing through a third party like Ziegler, but I don't know about Canada. The extra warranty is a personal choice - I prefer to have it, some don't. It is simply insurance. As for color, go with your gut - if black makes you happy, it's the best color. That's an easy one. The 2016 VS 2017 question is also a personal choice. In my mind, the 2016 is essentially a 2015 with most of the bugs worked out - a very nice truck. If I understand correctly the 2017 introduces a new 10-speed transmission paired with the ecoboost. It should improve fuel economy, but it is a new transmission. I lean toward tried and proven. Either way you are going to love your new F-150. Congrats on patiently sweating and saving. Don't be afraid - be thrilled you are finally getting your truck - enjoy!
thank you so much for answering all my questions. so much
Old 09-17-2016, 09:31 AM

Default thank you

Originally Posted by Memphishaze
Turns out the 2017 3.5 Ecoboost will have a new engine as well as a new 10-speed transmission. I would go with the 2016 - probably can get it for lower cost and avoid new tech problems. Just my opinion.

Press releases:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...-best-in-.html

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...ter-boost.html
When is a 2017 a 2017, if a car manufacture date says august 2016, it has the tried and true transmission, not the new one that may have issues? thanks so much
Old 09-17-2016, 09:47 AM

We bought the Ford F150 super crue, 6psg. 6.5 foot box, with drop in liner, 3.5 lt ecoboost Black, 3.53 axel, equipped with the max tow pkg. Dealer installed remote start, I did buy the 2300CND (taxes in) warranty changing it from 3 yrs B to B to 5 yrs, 120000KM B to B. Zero deductible until yr 4 , then it is $100. Hubby wanted it and said he can work on many things, but computer system etc. he cannot. We did find out it has a dealer sealed transmission, my husband can make a tool to be able to check fluid. Full tank of gas, and the grand total was 48,000 CDN out the door.(dealer pricing and $1000 Costco discount). My husband is a gift from God, he gave all his money to our children, I watched him work on the cold hard ground on vehicles when we were young, he saved 40,000 in 6 yrs. I was so afraid, as this is a lot of money and the what ifs? I was so use to ole beaters. The purpose of the truck is to get up a very steep driveway, (we grade it every year), and to have peace of mind to get to work in Canadian winters. As well as to go to Maine which we love. The top 2 responses made me feel so much better in our decision. This was so out of my wheel house, buying a new vehicle. (i have dealt with the ford service dept. when i was young, and did not want to go back to relive those times). Again, thank you all so much, these sites are so honest, and helpful. you guys would make great therapists.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:31 PM

Congrats on your purchase. I think you're going to love it. As you probably well know, getting up and down that driveway will have a lot to do with what kind of tires you have. Enjoy that nice new truck - you earned it.
Old 09-22-2016, 10:18 AM

Hi thank you so much, our driveway is crushed rock, no asphalt, long story, we have it graded every fall. We intend to put draintile in to stop it fro heaving....in the meantime, my husband notices that he is spinning coming up driveway, like he goes up no prob but the small stones are rolling under tires. We will get that grading done asap, but is what tire do you recommend? AS on now, we always used winter tires on our old beaters, do I buy winter tires? We also use rock auto for parts etc. do you know of any distributer less expensive, (found some good deals on RA) that sell running boards, bug deflector, front grill light protection (and is that front light protection a rust collector on the vehicle or can it be cleaned well?) I have got to get my husband on this site. I cannot thank everyone enough for these forums, the information is so positive, truthfull and helpful. Have a wonderful weekend.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations on the new pickup. I agree with not waiting for the 2017 as posted above. Waiting for the next model year can be a never ending game. Buy it and enjoy it!
Old 09-24-2016, 11:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Prefer the 5.0

Matter of choice but if your paying that much the 8 cyl is the work horse at similar if not better mpg. I saved 10 years and no regrets. Ford will carry on for years of service, congrats on your tenacity and choice of product.

Sevenal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saved and waited for 25 yrs. still afraid?