Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Removing Driver side door panel - speaker R&R

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Driver side door panel - speaker R&R

I have to change out a dead speaker and do not want to ruin the door panel trying to gain access. Need help on how to remove.

Thanks,

TB
Old 06-02-2008, 04:15 PM

Default 2000 Expedition - Rear Hatch light switch

My door adjar and signal come on while driving the vehicle. I believe I need to replace a worn signal sdwitch in the hatch door. How do you remove the rear panel to gain access?

Thanks,

TB
Old 06-02-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Most panels are secured with plastic push pins. Secret is to have the tool which supports the panel on each side of the pin as you pry it out. The tool looks like a pickle fork but very small. Welcome to the site, should be others along to greet you and offer assistance.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Car Audio Guru

Originally Posted by Tburns
I have to change out a dead speaker and do not want to ruin the door panel trying to gain access. Need help on how to remove.

Thanks,

TB

YEAR/MAKE/MODEL? SC, EXT cab, SuperCrew? LMK these and I can def. help you get that bad boy off in minutes. Have done car audio for over 9 years. Here to help.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:37 PM

Default OK

I am thinking about adding a sub amp to the stack CD6 unit in my SCREW 03 FX4.. I am with you I hate those plastic snap things on door panels they break real easy and then all your stuff rattles... I added new speaker to my old 93 ford f-150 along time ago and before removing door panels I went to the ford place and spent about 20.00 on new fastners and replaced them all before reinstalling.. I am planning on popping the back door panels on my FX4 Lariet and running wires to a high low converter and hooking up my Fosgate amp and 1 fosgate sub behind the larger portion of the rear seat.. I just hate rattles

Quick Reply: Removing Driver side door panel - speaker R&R