Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions from a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2015, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions from a new owner

Hey guys. Just bought my first truck. Always loved the look of the newer F150s and bit the bullet and bought a 2012 XLT with the 3.7l v6 eco boost. I'm wanting to do some mods, but I'm a newbie so I have some questions and would appreciate the help of those more knowledgable than myself. Thanks in advance!

1) I love the look of the painted grille surround with black mesh grille. Is there anyone that sells a preprinted surround with the mesh already installed? Or will I have to go ahead and cut the grille out and paint the surround myself? I would love to buy one pre assembled so I could save the oem grille for if I ever trade the truck in.

2) my truck is Oxford white and I love the look of a white truck with black rims. I'm partial to the XD monster 2. If I go with the 20 inch monsters what is a fairly common tire size to pair with those? Also, will I need spacers or any lift to accommodate this setup? I want something that will give my wheel wells a filled out look but don't want any rubbing.

I'm sure I will have more questions as I get deeper into this but these are the first two mods Im planning on doing. Thanks!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Howdy and welcome to the forum!

1) eBay has some that are generally black or chrome around the mesh, so you'd either have to have it painted Oxford White, vinyl wrapped, paint it oxford white yourself, or leave it chrome

2) For the wheels it depends on your backspacing, wheel width, and wheel offset. That also changes what size tire you can run. You're probably going to be happier leveling the truck and buying bigger tires. It will fill the wheel wells out evenly between the front and the back. Here's a link to a thread that can shed better light on the details. (https://www.f150forum.com/f38/tire-w...9-newer-68155/)
Old 03-02-2015, 01:05 PM

Received 229 Likes on 229 Posts

Agreed, Welcome!
Old 03-03-2015, 07:46 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum!

Quick Reply: Questions from a new owner