Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Proud F150 Owner in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Proud F150 Owner in Canada

I have a 2004 F150 4x4, Flareside since new. A year ago I had a lowering kit installed to provide easier access and improve the ride. With less than 80,000kms I had to install new front struts, but it restored the ride again! The local dealership at Orchard Ford Sales in Kelowna has provided excellent service for the last 5 years. (I have had several Ford vehicles spanning 40 years both personal and business units. The dealerships have always been pleasant and responsive to our concerns and needs.)
When ever issues developed they attended to reconsile the matter promply and pleasantly!

Last edited by Jon; 11-23-2007 at 09:42 PM. Reason: incomplete dialogue
Old 11-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Blue Angel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the board
Old 11-23-2007, 12:43 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:07 PM

Thumbs up Thanx for the welcome!

I really like the Ford product, but I have a issue currently that is unresolved to my satisfaction involving repairs required to the rear differential (3:55) recently. As the repairs were conducted beyond the warrenty period, the dealership following Ford Policy denied consideration for adjustment. I prepared a documented memo and dropped it off for the president of the dealership on monday this week and have yet to get a response. As this issue developed as audible howl noise eminating from the drive line quite some time back, I had the shop assess the matter to which the response was that it was inherent to the selection of the 3:55 differential. I had never had such experience with the last 4 pickups I owned and therefor more or less accepted that is was something I had to live with or change the "diff". Humourously it was suggested I could turn up the radio.....! Well as time passed the volume of the 'howl' inclreased and I know my hearing isn't improving so it had to be a problem with the drive line.
I decided to proceed with closer examination and ultimate replacement of diff parts including the crown and pinion gears, bearings and seal so restore the proper tolerances again and eliminate the noise issue. Examination of corrosion was in evidence in the bearing races indicating moisture in the lube oil. Why this was not picked up on previously is up to speculation, but begs the question, how did it get there? So I contacted "Just Answer" on the net where the response by a certified Ford tech suggested that this problem was not uncommon to Ford and other makes. And that Ford had a 'TSB' to advise the replacement of the subject parts. At the moment I am still enjoying the use my quiet driveline and still hold confidence that the matter will be resolved ammicably real soon!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:25 PM

Welcome, I live in Virginia Beach, Virginia and bought my 2003 XLT V8 4.6L super cab in my next door city of Norfolk, Virginia and would you believe my F150 was made in Canada. It states this on the drivers side label plate, which gives the axle weights, tire size, etc.I bought my used truck about two weeks ago from a Ford dealership.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI and WELCOME to the site

Good to see another Canadian here
Old 11-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 11-24-2007, 08:46 AM

paparonbaker,

from the opposite side of Canada... welcome!

Mitch

PS. Keep us posted on that repair. I also have a great repair team at the Ford dealership that I bring the truck to.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Welcome to the Board

Please let us know how this Dealership comes through for you and welcome!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Driver carries no money.

Welcome to the show!

Sorry for the late welcome. It was a busy week playing catch up for the short week! Then a whole lot of family time!

Quick Reply: Proud F150 Owner in Canada