Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

problems with 2010 lariat

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with 2010 lariat

I have had alot of problems with my new truck . I bought the truck in october 2009 and had problems since i bought it. Here is a list of my problems and would love to know if other have had the same.
#1. brought in for a lot of over spray from the under coating i had installed i know this isnt part of ford but this is what started it off. #2 ,1/16/10 Keypad on drivers door not working , was replaced. #3 right read leather seat replaced ,seat had lots of ripples in it. #4 the rubber weatherstripping on drivers doorr was discolored and was replaced. #5 orange rust spots all over the truck. this is due to the brake pad dust . ford wants nothing to do with it , they said its up to the customer to keep the truck clean .
3/11/10 , #6 Rust spots all over the truck again . sill plate on driver side was buckled and contorted . was replaced . #7 rust dripping from weather stripping on all 4 door at the bottom where the two ends meet up , they sealed it with silcone had to bring in again later for them to clean off the black mark on all 4 doors cause they didnt wait for the silcone to dry therefore it left the marks .
4/8/10 #8 Tailgate moulding warped . was replaced .
4/20/10 #9 Water leaking from grab handle on front passanger side , they clean the drain tubes and said that was the problem , not! #10 Exterior drivers door pillar moulding was deformed, it was replaced.
7/6/10 #11 Tailgate makes poping noise, the had to put in a new rod. # 12 Stain on headliner passanger side near the grab handle and by sun shade , they cleaned it . told them it was from the leak. #13 , headliner loose and unfasten behind the sunroof.they refasten it .
7/22/10 #14 again the headliner loose and unfasten. they refastened it again . #15 Again the headliner had a stain ,they cleaned it again .
10/23/10 #16 drivers side sunvisor clip not holding visor . they stole a new one out of a truck on the lot . that was were the words to me.
11/29/10 #17 Water leak again passanger side grab handle, this time they replaced the satellite antenna . driver side mirror not heating up quickly as the passanger side . they said it they found nothing wrong with it .
1/31/11 #18 Again a water leak passanger side grab handle and the headliner stain again. they cleaned the head liner but could not make the leak happen again so they did nothing on that . #19 sunshade for the sunroof grinds when opening and closing it they said it fixed it self when they took the headliner down to check the leak again. #20 grinding noise coming from front end when in 4x4 mode. they said its nothing and did nothing . i still hear when in 4x4 mode.
2/28/11 # 21Headliner sags and loose again behind the sunroof . refastened again . #22 rubber trim on sunroof glass was rasied up back corner passanger side and was leaking . they just adjusted it .
3/28/11 # 23 Paint chipping off and bubbling on the hood of truck near the grill , i paint hundreds of dollars for paint protection when i bought to ,should this still happen? #24 Water leaking and headliner stained again still in shop as of 4/2/11 because they still cant find the leak so i made the trip to the shop on 4/2/11 and showed them what i mean . i showed them the water was leaking from the sunroof and they said it was normal i said no its not then they pulled in a 2011 f 150 with a sunroof and we spray that truck also and guess what its not leaking like mine so they are looking into this now and they are going to try and fix it again.
Well i hope this is it but we will see .
Old 04-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com .. Lots of good guys and info here... Be sure to post some pictures

Quick Reply: problems with 2010 lariat