Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Previous F-150 Owner Returning to the Blue Oval

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 10:39 AM
Captain Stringer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Cool Previous F-150 Owner Returning to the Blue Oval

I guess I can officially reintroduce myself on here. Previously I was on the 04-08 Forums with my old 2004 F-150. I traded that truck in on a 2014 Ram 1500 because the price was right - that was one huge mistake that I am going to feel the consequences from for a few more years.

I will now be found in the 2015+ Forums with my brand new leftover Bronze Fire 2016 F-150 SCrew 302A with the twin panel moonroof, 20" PVDs, & center console. I have not officially taken delivery yet but I received word from my dealer last night that I have been approved by Ford and the dealer trade is a go on this truck. My dealer estimates the truck and paperwork should be ready by Saturday. I don't have any actual photos of the truck yet but here is the window sticker for those who can imagine what the truck would look like lol:

As I previously stated above, I am going to feel the consequences from for a few more years for switching to a Ram. After numerous issues, a lawsuit, and still having a truck that Ram could not repair, I set out to find my next truck. I had already visited a few dealers in the area to see what they would do on trade for my truck - best offer I received was $20k and I owe $27,500. While at one dealer, my truck would not start when they went to do the trade appraisal. I went out and determined that there is now an issue with the fuel pump. After receiving an offer of $18k, I left the dealership...but I didn't make it too far. There I was, 1/4 mile down the road from the dealer (a long way from home) broke down and truck completely disabled. I eventually called the original dealer I went to that offered me $20k (personal friend as well) and explained to him my situation. We worked out a deal that if I had my truck hauled back to him, he would still give me $19,500 on trade as-is, no questions asked with it not running. Considering it would cost me at least $500 for the repair, I jumped on his offer and we worked a deal on my soon to be new truck. I am going to use this as a lesson to me that you get what you pay for. I am now rolling $8,000 in negative equity over onto the F-150 but since I opted to lease this time, I will be free and clear of that in 36 months. It has been a long hard fight to get my junk Ram fixed, but sometimes you just have to throw in the towel.

Hoping that the blue oval treats me better than Ram as it has over the past years.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:31 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F-150 forum! Glad to have you join.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2,709 Likes on 1,426 Posts

Damn Stringer , That sucks !

Buddy of mine Bought an 04 RAM 2500 HD 5.7 HEMI.....
Motor sucked a valve just past the 70,000 mile warranty

Another buddy bought an 06 Silverado... Motor knocked from day 1
Didn't make 30,000 and they had to put a long block in it.

We bought 2 Fords A 04 F-250 & A 06 F-350 both gas (plow trucks)
Other than rust from the salt, And maintenance.... no issues!

Just traded the 250 in with 110,000 on my 16 F-150.

Hope you have better luck with your ford !
Post some pics when your truck comes in