Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Power Fold Mirrors 2005 F-150 4wd Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Fold Mirrors 2005 F-150 4wd Lariat

Guys sorry I am brand new to this and do not have any idea what I am doing. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I read a previous issue from a GM where he was trying to install power fold mirrors on his F-150. I have the same issue and I do not believe I every read his final out come. I have the switch on the drivers side door(backwards pointing arrow on power mirror adjustment). I have a fuse in the fuse box(#4 10 amp) for this option however I do not have this option. If I purchase the power fold mirrors can I assume the wries are there for me just to plug them in for me to get this feature? Is it possible it is that easy? Any and all advice is appreciated.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

You say you have the button but the mirrors do not fold? Did you add the button and fuse or did it come that way? Did you purchase it new or used?
Old 09-03-2009, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Fold Mirrors

Purchased used. The fuse and mirror adjustment toggle switch(with the backwards point arrow) where already installed, original. I learned a little more. I have beeen told that the power fold mirrors came standard on the 2005 King Ranch F-150. In speaking with a Ford service rep he told me the wiring harness would be the same in all 2005 so the plug for the power fold mirrors should be there which is also why the switch and fuse are already in place. He said all I have to do is purchase the power fold mirrors themselves, and they should plug right up and work. Makes since to me but the OEM mirrors are over $400. each so I want to be sure before I put out that kind of money. Would like to get this comfirmed and also find an aftermarket or used parts place where I can get a better deal on the mirrors. I do not want to loose the blinker indicators that come in the mirrors as well.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Honestly this makes no sence at all. If the truck was not equipped, the switch would not be there but the fuse and relays will. Take for instance power windows. On all F150's the wiring harness is there in the door but you get no hardware to go with it. It saves Ford money to have one standardized wiring harness for all models and to add the optional equipment without having to have dozens of wiring harness variations.

I guess you are missing some details... Is your truck a model that was supposed to have them and they are not functioning, or are you trying to add them to a truck that did not originally come with them?

Quick Reply: Power Fold Mirrors 2005 F-150 4wd Lariat