Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Possible F150 owner...just can't decide!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possible F150 owner...just can't decide!

I am sure I not the first person to come on here with this decision to make. I need a p/u truck. Not crazy about the looks of the Ram or anything chevy. So narrowed it down to F150 and/or Tundra. I love the look of the Tundra. Used to have a 2002 Tundra. Being running cars since I sold that, but need the utility of a truck. Could do SUV, but I think truck would have more use for me. I have motorcycles, so the use of a bed, even the 5.5 would be very helpful. This will also be my daily driver, so fuel economy is a factor. So that is what has brought me to the F150 Ecoboost Screw. It if funny, after visiting so many forums, each one talks crap about the other. So hard to get a consensus on what is what.

So I looked at the F150. Like the look of the FX4. But started dressing it up like crazy and with the big discounts, still end up with a $45k truck (Canadian). I do get caught up in the options...and can add on very quickly and easily. Like this $45k truck has the luxury package with Navi and 20" wheels, and the tailgate step. So I am trying to get back to basics again. Trying to tell myself I can live with an XTR with the basic stuff.

So now onto the engine. I have heard good things about the mileage. I have good things about the torque and towing. Then I hear the engine stops working or leaves people high and dry. that is a bit concerning. Some say the mileage is only like 1-2 mpg better than a tundra.

So I have many choices here.

F150 Eco Screw vs Tundra Crewmax/DC
F150 XTR vs F150 Fx4
Go dressed up or go minimum.

I know most of my questions only I can answer. Just wondering if anyone else has been in my situation. Which way did they go and any regrets?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:33 AM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

welcome!!

get the F-150 . both the XTR and FX4 are very nice. and the F-150 is the best built full-size pickup on the market whereas the tundra is not nearly built as good, from someone experienced and educated on the subject.

hope you find a nice truck
Old 11-10-2012, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by nfldfordman
welcome!!

get the F-150 . both the XTR and FX4 are very nice. and the F-150 is the best built full-size pickup on the market whereas the tundra is not nearly built as good, from someone experienced and educated on the subject.

hope you find a nice truck
Just got offered a base crew cab ram 1500 for $400 a month.

So what's the verdict on the ecoboost and the stopping in the rain and hard acceleration?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely don't go with the Ram. You're just buying a failure waiting to happen. I'd even tell you to go Chevy over Dodge..ehemm..RAM anyday!

Tundras are super slick trucks, and I honestly can't say you should by an F150 over a Tundra. I did, but you may find yourself happier in a Tundra. Having said that, F150's are pretty much the bomb, and if you find the one you want for a price that works, don't hesitate! Then you can hang around here!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM

Might have a deal on a tundra at a super price. It is the platinum, but actually prefer the TRD. And waiting on the numbers on a 2013 F150. Hopefully pull the trigger this week.

Quick Reply: Possible F150 owner...just can't decide!