Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Now I am here.... Hello from Canada!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 10:24 AM

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb Now I am here.... Hello from Canada!

How should I start? OK. I'm starting from the beginning.

Got into an accident last year in January. Can't use my left hand anymore like before. Doctors said that I can't drive standard transmission cars and pointed at my 2005 Mustang convertible. Junior was more into "Japanese" shxx cars and didn't like to take my "Princess" with white leather and 100 spoke wheels.... So I sold her.

Ordered a 2015 Mustang right away and waited 4 month. On delivery day, I figured out that something was wrong with the rear end and front of my brand new car. The dealer said they can fix that and it would be no problem. The Mustang was a beauty and fully loaded 2.3 EcoBoost. To make the story short. I had panel alignment issues and after: Grinding off edges to weld straight ones in on the trunk lid, cutting out all rear windows , repainting the whole rear end and 4 attempts from the dealership to fix these issues - the dealer waved a white flag and bought the car back but only if I would get another FORD.

With the really bad quality of the 2015 Mustang's - I looked into the F150's. I am not a farmer and going from a 2+2 seat Mustang - our 2.7 EB SCREW 5.5 has 6 seats.....

Our friends love it because there is so much space in the back that we actually have to pick up our friends to go out for dinner. The drive is very smooth compare to my Mustangs I owned. More like my wife's Grand Cherokee. The good thing on own a F150? I can get in and out of it much better then in a Mustang with my 50+ years of age!

Did I lose money on all this? Yep. But keeping the Mustang was no option for me. Knowing that FORD builds "twisted" 2015 Mustangs and shipping them out with no QC at all, counting on "fanboys" who will drive what ever FORD is producing - I would have had always a bad feeling. The first couple of days, I still have to get use to the F150. I feel more like a young boy who has to get married to a girl because the parents said so. But every day I am getting more and more to enjoy it.

Some pics of my poor quality 2015 Mustang. And no. I didn't get rear ended! It is a brand new car.....

Instead of driving a car we ordered to our likes, I had to take one F150 from our area in RACE RED.
Here a pic from the dealers lot:

With all that said now. There is only one more thing.

"Hello from Canada to everyone here in the forum!"
Old 06-25-2015, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about your mustang troubles, at least you got a really nice truck now. Where about in Canada are you?
Old 06-28-2015, 09:32 AM

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DXB-F150
Sorry to hear about your mustang troubles, at least you got a really nice truck now. Where about in Canada are you?
Thanks!
Stony Plain, AB (Edmonton)
Old 06-29-2015, 10:53 PM

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome Aboard!
The following users liked this post:
Papaya (06-30-2015)
Old 06-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Army Signals retired

Received 220 Likes on 190 Posts

Welcome Papaya. Was posted to Edmonton for 6 years in the early 90's. I too am 50+.
The following users liked this post:
Papaya (06-30-2015)

Quick Reply: Now I am here.... Hello from Canada!