Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

Not An Owner Yet - Here For Research

Old 07-01-2015, 05:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not An Owner Yet - Here For Research

Howdy forum. i'm not an F150 owner yet but i'm starting the research for my next truck purchase. the new F150's are nice, at the present time i'm lusting after 2.7L and 3.5L Lariats (we'll see if that changes in the future). i plan to buy next summer/fall or potentially wait for the 2017MY if the 10spd transmission is confirmed. in the meantime i hope to learn a lot from the forum and contribute where i can.

i'm not particularly biased towards any brand, i like certain aspects of all current half tons. my (completely unfounded, subjective) views on current half tons:
Tundra - i like the exterior looks, interior is fine, drive train and technology are aged.
GMC/Chev - really like exterior, interior is aesthetically unappealing. infotainment system is supposedly not great. powertrain seems fine but a bit unexciting (exception being the hard-to-find 6.2L)
Ram - Hemi is a fantastic engine, 8spd works well, interior is nice, exterior is aged.
F150 - really like the exterior, interior looks superb, engine options are exciting and intriguing, transmission is aged (though for this reason probably pretty bulletproof)
New Titan - nope. can't get over the exterior looks.

so with that, i'm here researching my next truck. i just traded in my 2011 Ram 1500 because i was growing tired of making an auto loan payment while harboring credit card debt from 10 years ago. so i traded it in on an ugly-but-functional 2000 Outback wagon while i pay off debt and save for a down payment.

a couple of my recent vehicles:

Name:  013.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  118.0 KB

Previous 2008 GMC Sierra - great truck, no issues.

Name:  IMG_4362.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  164.0 KB

Previous 2011 Ram 1500 - great truck, no issues, just traded in.

Name:  IMG_1973.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  211.9 KB

Current 2000 Subaru Outback - epitome of luxury. 16" one-piece forged hubcaps, AC (currently out of service), 0-60 in 19 seconds.

Last edited by Porter_; 07-01-2015 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After my experience, make sure to ask if they will provide rental loaner if your new truck needs repairs regardless of who makes it. I may walk to Toyota next since they are starting to refresh their lineup with the new(er) V6 that will likely net some better MPGs and torque, no telling what they are planning on for the V8s.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:19 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
After my experience, make sure to ask if they will provide rental loaner if your new truck needs repairs regardless of who makes it.
in my experience this varies from dealer to dealer, not necessarily a manufacturer thing.

Originally Posted by LGE*CTS Motorsports
Welcome to the site!
thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not An Owner Yet - Here For Research