Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

newcomer here

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newcomer here

Hello to all. I am new here and like always,,,call when I need something. I am retired and own a 2000 F150 4X4 with 92,000 good miles. This has been a really good truck and have never had to open up the engine other than oil and filter. The Triton 5.4 sure has been a good one and does not use any oil although, has recently developed an oil leak from around the oil filter area or above it.
The main thing I am chasing right now is the front diff not engaging and we found out right after a snow storm when it was needed the most. I traced the two small plastic vacuum lines from the diff to what looks like an electrical two pot "solenoid" on firewall under pass side hood hinge. The 2 plastic hoses had been broken at a connector by the battery so we repaired them and 4X4 still would not engage. From what I can figure,,,,the diaphragm at the diff is a two position unit as you can hook a temp line to each nozzle, do a little suck job and it will move the little arm that engages and dis-engeges the diff,,,,one nozzle moves the arm one way and the other nozzle moves it the other way. Since it will only move the small lever one way,,,the solenoid on firewall must be the culprit,,,,,right?????
Another thing, is that the 4X4 light on dash stays on all the time now,,,even with X-fer case in nuetral. Does anybody know if the X-fer case selector sending unit can be unscrewed from X-fer case without loosing a bunch of parts???
Sorry for the long winded intro,,,but I could use a little help,,,Thanks for all.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:57 AM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

welcome and nice truck!!
Old 06-23-2016, 11:02 AM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

@ilike55s, welcome to the site. I recommend you post your questions in the forum section specific for your truck's year group. It sounds like you're working on a 2000. On the forum home page, you'll see a link to the 1997-2003 page.

Quick Reply: newcomer here