Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to your site

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 05:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to your site

Hi all,

I came over from the Ford Freestyle Enthusiast site.

We had our Freestyle in for a TSB brake job and we took a few F-150's out for a test drive.

We actually had the F-150 Limited out for a test drive. Wow, what a sweet ride that is. We drove #79 of 750 that was made. But $52K for a truck that I am probably going to use like a truck, just isn't in the plans.

We eventually drove a few other trucks, but none of them said "Hello" like this one did.

This my second F-150. My first one was given to me by a friend while I was posted to Victoria BC. She was a '76 F-150. She was older than the ship I was sailing on. I used to refer to her as my "old girl".

Yes, I have the habit of naming our vehicles. The Freestyle was called "My Precious" and now this new one is called "Teddy Bear", but we refer to her as Teddy for short.

I got the extra maintenance package from Ford. For an additional $2.7K, I never have to pay for another maintenance package again. I got a $0 decuctable on replacement parts and labour as well.

There is only 2 items that isn't covered by this warranty... the two front headlamps.

I am looking forward to reading your posts and entering discussions from time to time.

Mitch
Old 11-04-2007, 07:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teddy_bear_mitch@hot
We actually had the F-150 Limited out for a test drive.
discussions from time to time.

Mitch
Ok, Whats a F150 Limited? I've seen a Explorer Limited and a Expo limited, but I've never seen a F150 Limited.

Must be a Great White North thing.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:58 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the site Mitch. I like that color

Originally Posted by KJoe
Ok, Whats a F150 Limited? I've seen a Explorer Limited and a Expo limited, but I've never seen a F150 Limited.

Must be a Great White North thing.
Here
Old 11-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Jon

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the site Mitch!
Old 11-04-2007, 04:38 PM
Blue Angel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings. You are not the only one who names thier trucks. Mineis the Blue Angel. She is a wonderful truck.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the boards. I give my trucks name as well, my current truck is Black Beauty.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:49 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:58 AM

Hi folks and thanks for the welcome!

KJoe, you wanted to know what the F-150 Limited is...

First, there is a pic of the truck. It isn't the same truck that is at Plaza Ford in Cape Breton, this one if from Toronto's Bence Ford. This one is white sand. The one that The Mrs and I were looking at is white chocolate.

If you can put it in the truck, it is there. 20 inch low profile all season radial tires on aluminum rims, auto lamps, the 5.4 litre V8, AWD with all time 4x4 electronic select on the fly, leather heated seats, electronic windows, electronic moon roof and electronic back window, electronic folding mirrors, heated mirrors, with courtesy lamps and signal lamps built into the mirrors, seats 5, with the shifter on the centre deck, DVD 6 CD MP3 Sirus radio AM/FM entertainment system, tonau cover, 6.5 foot lined box with box extender, back up sensors and back up camera built into the rear view auto dimming mirror.

Now I am sure that I missed a few parts and options.

Nice truck to be sure... But if I wanted to puchase a truck that I could never used as a truck... well, that would be another story.

I haven't owned the truck for a week yet and I have done two loads to the dump to get rid of personal garbage. One load of recycables that I have been collecting for a year and I got $65.00 for that load. It has survived Tropical Storm Noel as well. She is all dirty and is in a serious need of a bath... but Teddy is going in for her dry cleaning this Wedesday. Then she is going to have her underlings undercoated.

I don't know if that bit is a waste of money. But then again, if ever it gets traded in, it could add to the price of the trade in. I would hope. Then again, I don't plan on getting rid of Teddy for quite some time to come.

Whitecyrstal, I take it you got the Pearl Metalic Blue as well?

Mitch
Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Driver carries no money.

Welcome to the show!
Old 11-05-2007, 09:39 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome To the site!

Quick Reply: New to your site