Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New user who don't know **** :/

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 03:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New user who don't know **** :/

I got an email that said to introduce myself so my name is Mike and i own a 93 f-150 inline 6 and I LOVE my truck! lol
... I'm 21 and have never worked on any other vehicle besides my truck (my 3rd vehicle) and have learned a LOT because everything is so easy to fix just by watching a YouTube video! I honestly think i will keep my truck for ever because it runs great and maintenance is easy as ****...

umm idk what else to say besides that i work at a G-station and start my second year towards my associates degree in computer science but i'm still debating on if that's what i wanna do with my life ...

I love working on cars but i dont know **** about them so i hope this forum helps me out!

my problem at the moment is all I know is i drive an inline 6 4.9 liter but when I go to buy parts online i'm not sure if i'm picking the right thing or not cuz it says BS like: 1993 Ford F-150
L6 - 4.9L vin Y 300ci - MFI GAS OHV and i have no idea if that's what i have of not lol... If anyone could tell me if that is what i have i would be sooo grateful

P.S I'm always down to talk cars i love learning about anything lol

have a phenomenal life!!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:59 AM

Received 234 Likes on 229 Posts

Welcome from SoCal. You sound like a great kid (I'm 61) I have 3 sons, so I understand what my wife calls "Man Child" talk lol. To answer your question, all this info. are codes to make sure your parts fit. Ford have several motor plants around the U.S. and Canada and engines came slightly different from each one. The L6 is the engine family, 4.9L the bore and stroke size, The vin code "Y" in the "vehicle identification number" located on the dash or door tells you where it was made. The 300ci is the cubic inch displacement of the motor, and finally the MFI is Multi-port fuel injected with overhead valves. Hope that helped and a start to your understanding. Ask questions but understand you'll get many different answers.

Quick Reply: New user who don't know **** :/