Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Truck owner from West TX

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Truck owner from West TX

Howdy, figured I'd hop on the forum seeing as most of my reading on Google came from here.

My name's Leo.
I just acquired my first truck.
Always been into Mustangs, and an F150 just felt like a natural daily so I could save up for my next project car.

I'm ASE certfied, worked at Ford, did 9 years in the Army. And have probably broken more parts racing than I care to account for.

All that said, I've little to no clue about trucks.
I know the 2v engines were about as good as they come, so I naturally swept up my 2001 XLT.

I'm the second owner.
Even have the window sticker and such.

The only modification was a remote start/alarm, in 2004. Even have the receipt for it

It's a 5.4 2wd, 4spd
It has 137k
And aside from a few knicks and what seemed a slight encounter on the rear bumper is in great shape.
A massive plus. Parts are phenomenally cheaper, and the kids fit much better.

I've heard owning a truck without 4x4 is about the equivalent to owning a V6 automatic mustang.
But I'm rather happy with it seeing as I live in the desert and off roading never stuck with me.

I already have a slew of questions and a build going in my head. So hopefully we can turn this into the truck I believe it can be.

It seems most everything I know about making power and torque seems a bit off when it comes to a truck..so definitely excited to expand upon my knowledge.

Again, happy to be here and after I read a few stickies, I'll begin with my onslaught of questions.

So far I've modified the intake, my research led me to find a CAI vs Gotts Mod yields the same. So I modded that. And zip tied the pedal.

My first order will be exhaust.
Owning a quiet v8 irks me. I keep making sure it's running at redlights. So I need just a hair more rumble.

Last edited by 01XLT; 09-25-2016 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Stupid "smart" Phone
Old 09-27-2016, 01:44 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thanks for joining Leo, it's great to have you here
Tony

Quick Reply: New Truck owner from West TX