Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New Truck... need advice

Old 11-29-2015, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Truck... need advice

Hi everyone,

I purchased my first truck, a 2015 F150 XL SuperCrew. I kept it to the basics on the purchase, and decided to add to it with aftermarket options. I need advice on what to do first. My wife has trouble getting in and out of the truck so I'm leaning toward running boards first. I'm also undecided what to do with the bed (lining, line-x, bed rug, various covers, etc), and would love to hear your recommendations.

I live in Buffalo NY so whatever suggestions you have, please keep in mind that I get a lot of snow and ice.

Thanks to everyone, I'm excited to be a first time truck owner.

Old 11-30-2015, 08:32 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

Received 360 Likes on 356 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your purchase! Hope your new F-150 serves you well for many years to come and your wife let you drive it!

In regards to your question about the running boards, we have the widest selection of side steps, nerf bars and running boards available on the market. You can check out all your options here:

http://www.carid.com/2015-ford-f-150-running-boards/

Personally, I would recommend you to choose the running boards with the widest step surface for more convenience. Most of those boards are equipped with the wide anti-skid pad to ensure perfect grip.

How do you like this set?

http://www.carid.com/2015-ford-f-150...-55367069.html
Old 11-30-2015, 10:00 AM

I think I prefer these. I like the rounded look better and definitely prefer the matte black (powdercoat) look with my truck.

http://www.carid.com/iron-cross/3-ca...-51-474-b.html

I don't think the price on these is any better on CyberMonday than at any other time. Do you have a discount you can PM to me?
The following users liked this post:
Defcon1 (11-30-2015)
Old 11-30-2015, 12:38 PM

I would get a the Line X liner for the bed, I am new to trucks, but I just had a Line X sprayed in mine and it looks really nice. I also have friends who have that liner and have exposed it to snow and ice, and it has held up nicely. Line X gives a lifetime warranty with it, so if something happens to it they will fix it. I wouldn't get the drop in or carpet because I know Buffalo gets a lot of snow, I am from Albany. Even if you have a cover, there is still a chance for snow or water to get in, with a drop in liner there is a chance for water to get underneath it and rust the bed over time. Just my thoughts though.
The following users liked this post:
VikingDAB (11-30-2015)
Old 11-30-2015, 04:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice truck I love the color. I'm also from the Albany area, so u may want to put some mud flaps on so that salt spray don't get up under your truck. Check craigslist as you may find some good running boards for a good price.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

Received 360 Likes on 356 Posts

@ VikingDAB

Sorry, this part is already listed at its lowest price, so we cannot go any lower. Still, we will be glad to provide you with a free shipping on it.

If you are looking any additional parts for your truck, feel free to contact me. Don't forget to include your zip code and email address.

Michael.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:28 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Great looking truck

Tony

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Truck... need advice