Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new soon to be owner from ontario, canada

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new soon to be owner from ontario, canada

hey im a soon to be owner of a 2014 f150 3.7l supercab 4x4 i have owned a 2008 ranger,a 2009 ram 1500 and a 2014 ram 1500. this is a letter i sent to ram about my experance with the trucks and how i became a f150 owner

I bought a 2014 ram after owning a 2009 ram, when I first bought the 2009 ram it had a big leak in the rear window that flooded my rear seats got it fixed under warranty and was happy with the truck otherwise.

With the 2014 my problems started before I even picked it up. I called my insurance company to get insurance on it and they were unable to find the vin in there system, I take it to the dealership and was told it was not there problem.

When I picked the truck up I was told I would have to come back to get the trailer hitch installed as they didn't have one in stock, no biggie, after picking it up my xm radio was not working, I gave it a couple days and it still was not working so I went on to the serious xm web site and tried to reactivate myself. While doing this they needed my vin# so I typed it in and a radio id code other then mine was showing up so I had to call and get this done.

The dealership sent me a survey about the truck but it said my recent purchase of a 2014 dodge caravan.

While getting into the truck I noticed a big gash on my l/s lower ip skin, so when I went to get the hitch installed I told the service adviser about it. They took pictures and said they would get back to me about it.

Around Dec 21/14 about a month after my last visit, my tpms started acting up not showing the pressure for the l/s rear tire I went in to the dealership and told them about the tpms and asked about the gash. It was the same adviser, he said he had gotten busy and forgot about me. They took the truck in and tried to diagnose the tpms system, they said it was the main unit and had to order one and would get back to me. At this point I asked to see the Final Inspection Card "FIC" for the truck. (I work for Honda and i know its a legal document required for every vehicle produced) the advisor had never heard of this and would look in to it.

So a couple weeks went by and no one called, I thought lets see how long this takes, a couple months go by and no call. so I went in and started talking to a new adviser as the previous one no longer works there, he looked on the computer and said that my repair stated it was closed,

So he went and tried to find out about this it was taking a while so he said he was going to send me on my way and would call me,

2 weeks later no call so I went back to the dealership and talked to him, he remembered me after I asked about the "FIC" . He went and asked about the main unit of the TPMS and they had one there for me set aside for my truck. We booked an appointment for the repair of the TPMS and the gash on the IP in a week.

I also asked about rust forming on my front chrome bumper I was told to go to the body shop, I went to the body shop and they came out took pictures and told me they would get back to me.
The next day I received a call saying they were authorized to replace the bumper and we set up a appointment for 3 weeks.

On May 14 I dropped the truck off for the TPMS repair at 7:30 am and was promised it back by 3 pm as I needed to leave for work then. At 2:45 I had no call so we called and were told it was ready. I went picked up the truck and was told the guy that was supposed to fix the gash on the IP never showed up so I would have to bring it back for this repair.

On my way to work the TPMS light came back on, by this time I'm starting to get annoyed. I went back to the dealership and told them it was back on, they said they would replace the wheel sensors and fix the gash on the IP when I brought the truck in for the bumper replacement.

So on May 20th I dropped the truck off after work for the repairs to be done on the 21st, at 3:30 on the 21st we called to find out about the repairs, the receptionist went and asked Cory what was going on, we were then told that the parts for the TPMS were not available!! But we had been told they were always stocked when we booked the appointment!!

When I picked the truck up I noticed the plastic part of the bumper was not on right and that my head lights had been chipped, one side was not flush to the body anymore and the scratches in the paint. So I took the day off work to go back and complain and was told that the bumper was a direct bolt on part and that he didn't think the head lights were taken off. I know they were not like that I washed my truck on the Sunday and checked it over before I dropped it off!! I know all the little marks on my vehicles!! So the end of the conversation was they are calling when the TPMS sensors are in they were going to see what they could do about the bumper, headlights and paint scratches.

After leaving there I was quite annoyed considering I have had the truck for eight months and nothing but issues which the dealership wants to keep wasting my time fixing the issues that are covered under the warranty I PAID for. So after talking to the wife who is annoyed that her vehicle had to be used because a brand truck has so many issues we went truck shopping.

This is why I am a new FORD F150 owner. pick it up on tues may 27/14

I know the truck segment is a very competitive market and I want you to know it was the dealership not the truck that made this happen.

I'm telling you this so you can fix this dealership and save the next guy the headache I went through.

Thanks

Jason Canvin
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Welcome to the F150 forum! Great to have you join!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:48 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Welcome to the site.

Tony
Old 05-27-2014, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

so i got my truck today
Old 05-28-2014, 01:09 PM

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

What a way to join our dysfunctional little family! Congrats! That's me in the middle, you're gonna fit right in.

Name:  jig_thumb_zps5b5d8a55.jpeg
Views: 25
Size:  39.5 KB

Quick Reply: new soon to be owner from ontario, canada