Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The new old guy! (Western NY)

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new old guy! (Western NY)

Hey guys! Most people call me Stitch, but that was taken!

I am retired Navy Parachute Rigger and haven't had truck since traded in my 1993 Ranger XLT for 2002 ROUSH Mustang! Well been retired from Navy 5 years this month and the Western NY winters are getting worse!

I am Vol Fireman and my 1999 Crown Vic has taken beating up here in the north! Time to park her for while and its time for truck again! Have my eye on red 2005 F-150 FX4 and have some questions I am going to post! Bank loan approved just looking for my new wheels!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 05:30 AM

Received 790 Likes on 646 Posts

How about, "welcome aboard?" So they've gone back to PR? Spend any time at Coronado or Dam Neck? My nephew's at Dam Neck now and the area has really changed in 35 years. Back then it was just T-10's and ADD wasn't in common use. At that time though we were allowed to pack gear up to take to Suffolk with us to keep everything in date. There was no reason to but it was a good excuse that allowed us to save some money. The rules have really changed since then and what we were allowed to get away with isn't going on today. Yea, walked to school uphill both ways too. Good luck with the truck and enjoy it.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by River1
How about, "welcome aboard?" So they've gone back to PR? Spend any time at Coronado or Dam Neck? My nephew's at Dam Neck now and the area has really changed in 35 years. Back then it was just T-10's and ADD wasn't in common use. At that time though we were allowed to pack gear up to take to Suffolk with us to keep everything in date. There was no reason to but it was a good excuse that allowed us to save some money. The rules have really changed since then and what we were allowed to get away with isn't going on today. Yea, walked to school uphill both ways too. Good luck with the truck and enjoy it.
Well officially we were Aircrew Survival Equipmentman! But we are still called PR's I was at North Island from 1994-1998!

We I went different route but still got nice truck and will post pics soon, picking her up on Monday and lets the repairs mods and upgrades begin!

I am officially a new owner of 2005 F-150 XLT CREW CAB!

THE LIST:
-FIRST all new fluids and full sweep of the truck for needed parts repairs!
(Prob all new Coils and plugs, rotors and pads)
-K&N COLD AIR
-LINE-X Bed and Rockers
-Sterling Grill guard w/winch tray & Smittybilt X2O
-Bushwacker flares
-Looking at wheels and tire combos

Quick Reply: The new old guy! (Western NY)