Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New member from up north

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 01:21 PM
vdubber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from up north

Hey guys,

I stumbled across this site and f150online while i was doing research before i purchased my truck. I found them full of great info so its time for me to pay back a little and contribute!

Anyways i am a quality control manager at an autobody so i spent a long time looking for the right truck. I was very fussy and made sure i got what i wanted. Its a 2006 lariat screw, all the bells and whistles with moonroof and premium sound. Absolutely loving the truck. She has 79,000 km on her (about 49000 miles) and running like a hot damn.

I couldn't leave the truck stock for long and within the week i've had her i've painted the chrome trim on the grill body color, daystar leveling kit and its not really a mod but i added window visors and the factory oem all weather floor mats. Next is a custom exhaust with a sido with 18 inch rolled 3.5 inch tips out the back.

Also one quick question. Most of the f150's i test drove were saying about 18l/100 k (11 mpg) and when i was doing some research on gas milage i saw some of you were getting 14-20 mpg. My truck currently is only getting about 12 mpg and was thinking of changing the spark plugs and fuel filter, and maybe running some injector cleaner through the system. Do you think this will help boost my mpg a little bit?

Thanks

Kyle

Old 12-26-2009, 04:26 PM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats a nice ride you have there, you got any snow up there?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:16 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome..

I must say, that is 1 clean and beautiful truck!! I absolutely love that green color..

Might I suggest maybe doing your bumpers to match the body? I think that would look sweeeet!!!

12mpg isn't real good. I would think you should be seeing atleast 14 city and 17 highway. When you checked it for 12mpg, was it during the city and a full tank of gas?
Old 12-26-2009, 07:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking truck man very clean and Welcome
Old 12-27-2009, 12:34 PM
vdubber

Thanks for the kind words guys! Where I live there is no snow, most days are either sunny or rainy or overcast.

As for color matching the bumpers its on my things to do list. You can't paint chrome because the paint will not stick to it. The only reason I was able to do my grill is because it was plastic and I was able to sand most of it off.

As for the mileage that was a mix 75%city and 25% freeway. I made an appointment at my local dealer to have plugs, fuel filter and oilchange done.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome....Nice looking truck man..should have been bumpers powder coated..

Check out the truck of the month...Vote AZFX4
Old 12-27-2009, 04:58 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 95redrado
Thanks for the kind words guys! Where I live there is no snow, most days are either sunny or rainy or overcast.

As for color matching the bumpers its on my things to do list. You can't paint chrome because the paint will not stick to it. The only reason I was able to do my grill is because it was plastic and I was able to sand most of it off.

As for the mileage that was a mix 75%city and 25% freeway. I made an appointment at my local dealer to have plugs, fuel filter and oilchange done.
Yeah, I understand. You have to get the chrome striped and repainted. But, it would change the look of the truck and make it look even better!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Received 1,682 Likes on 587 Posts

Wow... Beautiful truck man.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:50 PM
vdubber

Originally Posted by AZFX4
Yeah, I understand. You have to get the chrome striped and repainted. But, it would change the look of the truck and make it look even better!
AZfx4, i work in an autobody and i just had an exploder come in that we had to do that to the bumper. It costs more than a ptm bumper to have it stripped!!! stupid lol

Anyways i just came back from a snowboarding trip up to whistler and had a blast and the truck just loved being on the freeway and did good, my mpg went up to 17 at time but mostly inbetween 14-16. Still going to do plugs, etc.

Quick Reply: New member from up north