Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"New" member from Texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 10:40 PM
2Busy2KeepumAllRunning!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default "New" member from Texas

I guess it's a little bit inaccurate to say I'm new, given that I joined in 2009, but I went on a "join the auto-forums" kick back then: CrownVic.net, Dieselstop, Jaguarforums, and here. I would confess to "lurking" til now, but to be honest, I haven't even done that. Dusted off my credentials last week and started pulling info from your very informative site.

I bought my 03 FX4 from my father-in-law (in N. FL) back in Feb. 2006 with 14k mi on it. Just clicked over 90k now and apart from oil changes, all it's needed has been a battery and brake pads. I do have the rear window leak but found the "How to" already so laying plans for that fix and I have plugs on hand awaiting a change. (also found a nice tutorial on that with pics - thanks) A little embarassed to admit I've not yet changed xmsn fluid nor pwr steering fluid but will get to that in due time, as well.

For now, it is only driven to church on Sunday's by a 17 yr old lad (and Walmart once/mo to replenish the softener salt supply) but when it had its turn in the barrel as my daily-driver, it was racking up over 70 mi/day. Otherwise it lurks in the garage out of the harsh Texas sun and to keep the rear window out of the once-in-a-blue-moon rain we still hope to get, here!

Looks like an active and helpful bunch here, I'd like to take this opportunity to say I'm glad to be a part of it.
Thanks Much,
Zane
Old 08-31-2011, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome, Tex. Hot enough for ya?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Not Important Enough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome back, post some pics
Old 09-02-2011, 05:59 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com .... Lots of good guys and info here.... Be sure to post some pics !!
Old 09-02-2011, 08:27 PM
2Busy2KeepumAllRunning!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DrG, Scotts, & Bob,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll get some before/after detailing pics up hopefully within the next coupla weeks. Plugs, rear window sealing and xmsn fluid change are all pending....and I don't reckon to do the detailing until I finish those....

Quick Reply: "New" member from Texas