Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > Introductions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default New Member with a Few Questions

Hi y'all.
Greetings. I hope the Christmas Season is treating everyone well. I have a few questions that I'm hoping to get answered. Important info as follows: 1993 Ford F-150, I-6 (replaced some years ago with a Jasper), manual 4 speed transmission (replaced some time ago with what I think is the Mazda) with the overdrive...I call it a 5 speed transmission, regular cab, 2 WD, no power options as far as windows, etc., 8 foot bed.
1. I've had the stock engine replaced some years ago with a Jasper engine. No problems to date except with the gas mileage. I had it in the shop a while ago and was told that "the reason the 'check engine light' keeps coming on is that whoever did the engine work cut and/or capped some hoses"...I attempted to load the pictures in my efforts to address this but they won't load. Call me tech challenged since I don't know how to shrink the pictures. The flex hose leading to the "can" looks to have been cut. There is also a small rubber hose leading from what looks like a valve up on the passenger side of the engine compartment and it goes to nowhere. I know it's difficult with no pictures so if anyone can help me with loading them to help you to help me it would be great.
2. Does anyone have any references for getting a new bench seat? Cost?
Maybe the seat with the flip down console in the middle? Cost? Is reupholstering an option? Cost?
3. Does anyone have any experience with putting in a fuel pump? I have the I-6 with dual tanks and the front tank doesn't change over. Any idea as to any special tools or whatnot? Cost?
4. Any idea about the specs on the rims with regards to the backseat and spacing, if those are the correct terms? My poor rims have seen better days and need to be retired.
5. The A/C needs to be recharged/replaced. Any ideas as for options given the eco-***** and EPA? Can this be done at home? Cost?
6. Any ideas/comments about what would be considered decent-to-good gas mileage? Mine seems to be close to what I'd call abysmal but I do need to accurately track it rather than just going by what is "seems" like. Still would like some input.
7. I've toyed with the idea of converting it to carbs but I've had a mechanic tell me years ago (when I had the '87) that it would be prohibitively expensive. Has anyone done this? Comments?

Thanks all and Merry Christmas
certifiedbodyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM