Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 03:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Member

Hey everyone,

My name is Tom and I've been on this forum for about a month now - it's extremely resourceful and has been really helpful, so thanks. I recently bought a 2006 F-150 SCREW 4X4 Lariat and I've worked on a few things. Still got quite a bit more left, so it makes for a great hobby. I live in Kingsville, TX and I'm in the Navy.

I tried to post on the How-To section because the two topics I was looking for weren't available, but I was denied as I did not have the permissions. I have learned some from forum threads. The first one is a description of how to R/R the radiator on the 5.4L Triton. Second is how to diagnose a battery drain properly. If someone creates these threads I'll go ahead and upload info and pictures after I complete the processes.

First up: Radiator removal. I think I understand the process, and it isn't too difficult. Basically, drain the coolant, remove a few bolts, the upper rad hose, and the tranny lines. From what I've gathered I wont need to remove the fans.. Remove, replace, and reconnect. Taking note to add coolant and transmission fluid appropriately. I am replacing the radiator because I already replaced the lower rad line and currently have a leak from directly underneath the radiator housing. Does anyone think it may be something other than the radiator? Liquid is clearish and slightly oily.

Second: Battery diagnosis. My battery has been deemed worthy by AutoZone (a Duralast gold 1 year old) so I am going to clean the cable connectors as well as the battery terminals w/ baking soda and water, and brush them. Next I'm going to use a voltmeter and check the connection in series to look for draw. Anything over 25 miliamps and I will be suspect. First I plan on looking for lights on, and then work to the fusebox, guessing which it might be and pulling fuses then looking for the drop. Does anyone have any better ideas?

I appreciate everyone's input - thanks!

Quick Reply: New Member