Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 02:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New member

Hello everyone.
I'm a new member but I've been a fan of this site for quite a while.

I've been a Ford guy my entire adult life. The first truck I bought, at 18 , was a '79 F150 , 351 ,4x4 ,4 speed with lockouts. What a fantastic truck. I still kick myself for letting it go.

Currently I'm driving an '02 FX4 , 5.4 , automatic super cab with 124,000 miles. I also have an '84 F250 w/460, 4x4 ,4 speed with 110,000 original miles that's my toy.

The '02 is what brought me to this site. Bought it from a local credit union in '13 for $3,200. It was a repo. I knew the truck had some issues. Little did I know. Here's what I ran into: BAD wheel bearing (so bad the axle was about half worn through), egged out axle tube, bad rear pinion seal, frozen calipers , (you can imagine what the pads looked like). It had been so long since it had been serviced that the oil filter was rusted so bad that I couldn't budge it with a filter wrench. I drove a screwdriver through it but just ended up ripping the filter body off. To get the base off I shot it with PB Blaster and tapped on it every day for a week then ,finally , used a cold chisel & small ball peen and VERY CAREFULLY got it to loosen. Man I was relieved.

The ck engine light had come on & my scanner showed misses on 8 ,4, & 3 so went in with new coils & plugs.

I did all the work myself & my $3,200 truck is now a $4,300 truck but that's still not bad. It's gotta be one of the toughest SOB's to ever wear the blue oval because once I fixed or replaced all the issues and gave it regular maintenance, it runs and drives great.

Many thanks for all the great information I found here!

Last edited by FordTuff02; 03-05-2016 at 02:30 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-05-2016, 02:31 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Hello and welcome! Post some pics here so we can check out your rig.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by whomrig
Hello and welcome! Post some pics here so we can check out your rig.
Thanks whomrig. She's not much to look at since the previous, brain dead, owner didn't ever bother to wash the road salt off of it. From the cab forward it's good but the box is bad. I'm looking for a flatbed for it.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:40 PM

Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

That sounds cool, by the way, if you PM me your vin# I am sure we can get your buld sheet if you like.

Quick Reply: New member