Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New-to-me Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 10:22 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Default New-to-me Truck

Not new here per se but I haven't really participated before. We had enough of this winter and traded the 2009 XLT 2WD SCab we bought new for this 2010 Lariat 4WD SCab the week before last. Really liking all the upgrades over the old truck, but especially the 4WD and more appropriate tires for the road conditions. Old truck was a 4.6 and the new is a 5.4 but I actually haven't gotten to drive it on DRY roads yet!

I hang out a lot on some of the woodworking forums if there's anyone from SMC or Woodnet you might recognize my name. I'm located in SE Michigan. Between my hobby and our large-ish property a truck is just about mandatory for me. This is my 4th F150--before the 2009 I briefly had a 87 beater 4x4, and before that a 99. Had Ranger for a while in there too and a POS Colorado for about 2 years--that got traded for the 2009.

I've got a small list of mods planned for it:
  • Husky floor liners from the old truck (Done before we even drove it the first time after the dealer delivered it.)
  • ProClip phone mount transferred from the old truck (Done)
  • Line-X (Done)
  • Bakflip Tonneau from the old truck (Done)
  • CUB cargo utility box
  • Aries stainless bull bar--always wanted one of these but didn't think it would look right as low as the 2WD sat.
  • PIAA 520 lights
  • OEM chrome exhaust tip--Ebay find
  • PAC interface
  • Polk DB6501 components in the front doors powered off the stock head unit (had the same model in the old truck and was reasonably happy other than the low end.)
  • Boston 5x7s (from my old truck) in the rear doors powered off the stock head unit.
  • Sound Ordanace powered sub under the right rear seat.
  • Possibly one the little Alpine amps depending on how things sound after the above are done.
  • LED bed lighting of some sort
  • Custom organizer for the center console
Attached Thumbnails New-to-me Truck-20140123_222830843_ios.jpg   New-to-me Truck-20140123_222847219_ios.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by matt_m; 02-03-2014 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:47 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: New-to-me Truck