Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New here and to Ford....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here and to Ford....

Hello everyone. I'm new to ford and have always been the guy who gave ford a lot of crap over the years. Have owned mostly chevy/gmc and a couple dodge. Looks like now I need to stop doing that. Anyways the only I bought a ford was because I have a good friend at a Chevy dealer, and I wanted something with lower payments than my sierra I traded in for this. They got this in on trade from a local millionaire who bought it new and had it serviced at the Ford dealer every 5k. I got what I think is a good deal on it. It's a 2010 one owner, with complete maintenance record with 187,000 I got for 14k. Everything runs great. No ticks in the motor and shifts smooth through all gears (except for some vibration between 20-40mph. But from what I read it's a common problem). I had to have bearings in rear end replaced because the pinion and carrier bearings where going out so I had every bearing replace from wheel to wheel. One thing I really don't like that I got a question on is I am averaging only 11.5 mpg. My sierra got 15+! Granted my sierra had vvt and less miles bit I figured it should still get better than. 11.5!? Is there anything I can do to get that up besides programmer? Restore? Seafoam? Already replaced air filter and has all new fluids and tires are at proper psi? Either way I will say that it has grown on me some the last 2 months I have owned it. Maybe its just me too but seems like the Sierra was A LOT smoother ride than the Ford. Or maybe it's just cause I am trying to find stuff wrong because I have not liked ford for so long Idk. Either way I'm looking forward to being on the forum.

Old 01-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Army Signals retired

Received 220 Likes on 190 Posts

Hi Crash and welcome.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:57 AM
Knock Knock

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

nice ride
Old 01-17-2016, 02:42 PM

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome Aboard!
Old 01-18-2016, 04:49 AM
F150 Site Sponsor

Received 360 Likes on 356 Posts

Congrats and welcome as well. Great looking truck you have there, I'm sure you gonna love it.

Quick Reply: New here and to Ford....