Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New guy from WA state.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 04:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New guy from WA state.

Howdy everyone,

I'm Mike and I am a 22 year old tugboat deckhand, relief captain. I am currently in ST. Paul AK working, and have been since middle of May. I should be back home in Seattle in a month or so. I started searching for a used supercrew ecoboost 4x4 when a local to Seattle Toyota dealership rubbed me the wrong way on a '16 TRD tacoma I was purchasing. I came to the realization that I need more tow capacity anyway, if I end up finding the right speedboat.

I found a 1 owner 58,000 mile all stock Lariat Supercrew shortbox at a dealer back in Seattle. I had my Dad check it out a few times, and he also test drove it. After everything worked out I ended up doing most of the transaction over the phone, with the final paperwork coming via usps. Getting mail to and from ST. Paul can be quite the challenge.

The truck seems to have all options save for max towing, and power folding mirrors, although I have yet to decode the vin number let alone lay eyes on the truck. I have now owned the truck for 20 days and I haven't seen it yet.

I am a huge car guy, and I end up modifying everything I buy regardless of what I tell myself. Even my '04 4banger ranger got my treatment, and it was supposed to be a stock daily driver. I added the tonno pro tonneau cover, well rather my dad installed it as I'm 2500 miles away.

Anyways I look forward to interacting with everyone, and I'll make sure to post when I go hog wild on mods that I told myself I won't do.

Old 07-21-2016, 12:22 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Love that truck! Thanks for joining
Tony
Old 07-21-2016, 12:30 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Very nice! Welcome.
Old 07-21-2016, 01:30 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks guys.

Quick Reply: New guy from WA state.