Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New guy with a question

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with a question

Hello gang. Not an owner yet but certainly in the market. I actually have a question in regards to a King Ranch I'm looking to purchase.

I've been in the market for a couple months now and have settled on a gently used King Ranch (30,000 or so miles) as my first truck. Unfortunately there are only so many of those that pop up in my price range and they are usually purchased before I have a chance to work out a shipping agreement with the dealer. My question relates to a truck I am currently interested in.

This specific King Ranch is everything I'm looking for and is in my price range, finally. However, something strikes me as odd. Y'all are the experts so I defer to the masses. The truck is a 2013 model and (here is the odd part) is Ruby Red. It is no kidding the only 2013 King Ranch in Ruby Red that I have seen. I even pulled up Ford's 2013 F-150 brochure PDF and it does not list ANY red options for a King Ranch. Anyone have any input on this? It is being sold by a reputable dealer so of course I don't think it was a Lariat that someone slapped some KR emblems on. It has everything KR, down to the correct rims and seats.

Just wondering if anyone has input on this. Could it have been a custom order from the original buyer? Any input would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to becoming more active on here once I finally join the ranks of the rest of you badass F-150 owners.

Thanks
- Jolly
Old 07-02-2016, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 4,141 Likes on 2,840 Posts

Do you have the vin number? I can run it at work and tell you for sure
The following users liked this post:
Jolly493 (07-02-2016)
Old 07-02-2016, 08:04 AM

Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts

I have a 2013 FX2 and still have a brochure for the 2013's and it shows King Ranch with Ruby Red as an option with a Pale Adobe two-tone accent.
The following users liked this post:
Jolly493 (07-02-2016)

Quick Reply: New guy with a question