Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New guy question

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy question

Hello All. New to the forum and purchased my first Ford truck (used) about 3 weeks ago. Coming off a 2010 Tundra TRD crewmax which I bought new almost 6 years ago. Happy with the truck so far except for a vibration issue I experience while towing...which is how I found this forum. The vibration occurs while towing my boat and my enclosed trailer at around 60 mph. Its pretty bad and only when I'm towing, drives fine otherwise. I have ruled out a problem with the trailers by borrowing a friends GMC to test with. No vibrations. I have also ruled out the tires by adding some BFG ko2s. And have installed some helper springs to keep the truck from sagging. However the problem still remains. Being its still under power train warranty I took it in to have the dealer look at it. They state this is "a normal characteristic" for this truck and there is not much they can do. I have read a few threads on others experiencing similar issues but have not found anyone who has found a solution to the problem. Hopefully I can connect with some other owners on here who are having the same issue as I am and we can brainstorm a fix.
Old 11-23-2015, 02:44 PM
Some guy

Received 2,025 Likes on 1,286 Posts

Welcome. You gave us zero info about your truck. Year, drive train, engine, any mods... we are going to need that before anything gets going. I recommend you take all that info and put it into your signature so you don't have to keep repeating it. Then, post your questions / problems / symptoms in the sub-forum dedicated to your year group.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My apologizes, still learning. Thanks and I will post in the appropriate location.

Quick Reply: New guy question