Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Guy from NJ

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking New Guy from NJ

Found this site looking for info on my new truck. Loved all the info I found so I decided to join up. I'm on day 4 of owning this truck. Its a '01 Lariat SCrew 4x4 with the 5.4 under the hood. It's bone stock. I have some rotted out rocker panels to replace and have to track down the tick under the hood. I think its a cracked manifold. Seems really loud for the phaser issue, at least from looking through youtube vids.

All I've done to it so far is put on 60ish miles, got around 13mpg, and the Gotts mod with a K&N. I also gave the MAF a good cleaning. I have some Rockford speakers coming in for it, havent decided on a H/U yet. I do have a 8" JL sub that might find its way into the console. And some nerf bars to replace the OE steps, I know theyre not cool but I dont want to go destroying the leather.

And here is my toy/project. '97 Ranger dropped 3/4 via Belltech beams and a 8.8 L/S from a explorer. It has a FX4 interior in it and will be getting a 302 under the hood backed by a TKO-500.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by NVRDONE; 04-20-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It is a good looking truck.
Old 04-20-2014, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wanted33
Welcome to the forum. It is a good looking truck.
Thank you. After driving my Ranger daily for 2 years, with a whopping suspension travel of about 2", my back is really thanking me for buying this rig. Took a 50 miles drive today and I must say, this thing loves the highway. And I have to get used to the V8, stepped on it to pass and before I knew it I was doing 75 from about 40, and it didnt even feel like it!

I determined that I have a big exhaust leak somewhere. So if its the manifold(s) its getting shorty headers. Cats will get replaced. Everything else, cat back.

Looks like I have another project. Took one look at Troyer performances' website and I think I just spent my Estreet head fund on some shiny things for my 150.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:56 AM

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Welcome! Nice pair of Fords.

Every vehicle always becomes a project, it's life.

Quick Reply: New Guy from NJ