Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

new guy here

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 02:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new guy here

hello, I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Steve and
I recently bought a 1988 f150 xlt lariat with duel tanks, which I have a question about. I have never owned a vehicle with a duel tank system before, so I was wondering does the rear tank pump into the front tank when I hit the switch, or does the fuel just go straight to the engine? I also
dont think my rear tank works, most of the time, the needle will be pinned past full, then there are a couple times where it will go down to E and the pump will make a horrible noise. I hope it's ok that I ask this question in the introduction section, I really don't want to make a bad impression on my first post. thank you guys for a great site, hope to have some responses.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:27 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 09-01-2007, 10:50 AM
The Blue Beast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1st .. Welcome to the site

2nd .. ask your questions

3rd .. Each of your fuel tanks should have its own fuel pump and filter, you may need to check them to make sure that they are still in running order.. when you hit the switch, it opens the circuit on one tank, and closes the circuit for the other tank, the fuel will go straight through the fuel system to the engine. Alot of times, the reason one pump will fail is, because the user of the vehicle will just let the extra tank just sit there, and run off one tank and pump. What i think is, replace both pumps, when you can afford to do so, and then alternate the usage of your tanks, use one tank, and when thats low, refill then switch to the other one, that way you get an even amount of use on both ... thats my .02

Quick Reply: new guy here