Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New Guy From Alabama

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy From Alabama

Hello everyone. Thank you for allowing me to join in on the fun. I'm located in northeast Alabama and drive a 2002 F-150 4x4 that's so stock it hurts! I've had the truck for about 7 years. Its finally interning into "rolling project" status. I've done a few things but nothing major. I've got a lot of plans for it. Mostly just been driving it and enjoying it. Future plans may even evolve a 429 I've got taking up space in the storage shed. I'm not 100% sure yet though.
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2016, 11:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That 429 would look nice in my 68 Galaxie XL convert.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjmarko
That 429 would look nice in my 68 Galaxie XL convert.
Pjmarko, your sure right about that! My Grandpa had a 65 galaxie 500. He put a 428 cobra in his and he done all the work on it himself. He painted it metallic midnight blue with all the chrome trim options. By the time I was born he had sold it and bought a 49 ford I can't remember much of it but it was hit in a T-bone wreck hard enough to break the frame. After that he got into El caminos. Now he drives a 91 s10 he bought brand new and I tow it home and I fix it regularly. He's constantly saying he wishes he had bought a ranger now. Lol. I didn't help that I had a 99 ranger 4cyl 5 speed that he loved. You should hear some of the excuses he used to barrow it.

I sure wish I could see your galaxi. I'm mobile net only though and on this forum all I can see is pictures sized about 3/4" x 3/4". I love a nice classic though. I got my 429 at a steal. 300 bucks with a transmission (it was shot) but I started the motor on the stand before I bought it. It smoked but nothing to major. I've got it stored up waiting for rebuild. I'm trying to run down what it came out of originally.