Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New to the forums!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking New to the forums!

Hey there F150forum.com! I was directed here by a person on another forum that isn't vehicle related. Anyway, a bit about myself:

First off, I have a 2012 FX2 Ecoboost, Super Cab (that's extended, right?) and 3.15 gears, with the locking rear differential, leather interior with the center console, power/heated side mirrors, back-up camera and sensors, and power sliding rear window. I may have missed something, so basically it's every option minus the sun roof and navigation screen.

Obligatory photos:

Some wild turkey crossing the driveway, Grizzly 700 in the bed.

So I picked up the truck back in July 2012. It does have the intercooler condensation issue and has gone into limp mode three or four times from it. With the exception of that, I absolutely LOVE this truck. I am thankful that I'm on the high end of the MPGs with about 18/22. I took a road trip from SC to NH (980 miles) and averaged 24 MPG (per the computer) with my 700lbs. four wheeler in the bed, 400lbs. of passengers (including me) and another 200lbs. of weapons and ammo.

I am currently in the USAF as an F-16 crew chief and deployed at the moment as well. Just days before my deployment, the dealer had reprogrammed the computer of the truck and "reset some perameters" to fix the condensation issue. I'm skeptical that it's going to work, because I know I have the old style CAC and all that... With that said, I did e-mail them just last night about putting the new one on backorder to hopefully have it for when I get home.

I picked up the truck in July like I said, and deployed in October. I only managed to get 4500 miles on it. I'm hoping to get that issue fixed to make it a PERFECT truck! I've also been looking at modifications, more specifically a tuner, intake and exhaust. I was reading this forum all day today and it has me leaning towards the 5star tune, AFE stage 2 CAI, and still looking for an exhaust I like. (It's hard to make a V6 sound good...)

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell, and I can't wait to interact with everyone here!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:42 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

welcome to the site
Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 PM
0.9% is for suckers!

Received 172 Likes on 122 Posts

welcome!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and thank you for your service!!

Quick Reply: New to the forums!