Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to the forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 07:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum

My name is Tim, new to the forum not new to ford f150s. Just recently bought me an 89 ford f150 lariat 300 inline six, 5 speed manual. Picked it up for 800 bucks from a local farmer who bought it new back in 89 he said he's used it on the farm and it rarely left the property. She's by no means pretty but for 800 dollars just couldn't pass up a truck with 49,000 original miles, and surprisingly drives like it just came off the showroom floor. Has brand new brakes and tires, starter and plugs, 4x4 works great, front end is in great shape but I will need to pick up a passenger side door and will be replacing the bed due to rust. I'm hoping to make this into a nice project for me and my 3 year old son he's been looking forward to working on it with me. I'm only focused on cosmetics right now because as I stated there is nothing wrong at all with the mechanics. Quiet enough that when I sit at a light I even wonder if it's still running. Now about me I'm 23 grew up around all sorts of different makes and models of trucks but ford has always been in my opinion the most reliable and comfortable driving truck. I'm from the small community of Harrodsburg indiana and I make a decent living driving a semi hauling bulk dry cement. I'm hoping to get to know some good folks on here and learn a thing or two with my build it may take some time but it will get done. I will post pics and create a build thread when I get ready to start.
Old 05-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Some guy

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,284 Posts

In my experience, farmers generally treat their trucks pretty well (out of necessity). That's awesome! Do you have pictures you can post before the build?
Old 05-23-2016, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by LaMartian
In my experience, farmers generally treat their trucks pretty well (out of necessity). That's awesome! Do you have pictures you can post before the build?
Yes I do I'll post some when I get home from work this evening, other than the rust the interior is perfect, dash isn't cracked, floor boards are strong, seat had small rip on drivers side from getting in and out, also has a sun roof. You can tell he took care of it engine is very clean. The bed is too far gone to repair and along with the one door but the rest can be saved, with very little body work. If there weren't any rust it would have a straight body on it.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by LaMartian

The two flat tires are due to corrosion on the bead of the rims only does it on this one side going to get them cleaned here in a week

Quick Reply: New to the forum