Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to the F-150, wanted to say hello

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New to the F-150, wanted to say hello

My first post here on the F-150 forms had me in a dilemma on wether to buy a F-150, an Avalanche, or a RAM.
Most of my family are dedicated Chevy buyers/owners, I myself have have all of the big 3 American vehicles. Over the fast few years I have owned Chrysler products. The vehicle I traded for the F-150 was a 2011 300C.
I weighed all my options, features, price, availability in my local area.
I have friends and acquaintances who have trucks and I felt it time to have one myself, as there has been many times I needed a truck, and had to borrow one from friend or family, or rent.
Generally when I trade cars I like to upgrade, and when I started shopping I was disappointed to find that even though technology has increases over time in the regard to cars, that technology had not propagated over to the truck field. Yes many options on today's cars are available on some trucks but not some of the more unique features.
I pondered this purchase for about 3 months before narrowing my choices down two two. The Chevy Avalanche LTZ and the Ford F-150 Limited.
The fact I am here indicated what I finally chose ;-)
I have owned it now for 2 days, and have put over 100 miles on it. I enjoy driving this Truck more than I did my 300C and that is saying something.
The things I will miss but will learn to live without.
Cross path detection/warning system. Kinda annoying and you still need to look before you need to look before you change lanes lol
Adaptive cruse control
HEATED STEERING WHEEL! Come on ford, se base model cars have these now lol
Auto dimming headlights
Garmen navigation
MyTouch Sync (Microsoft) buggy as hell! Compared to the Uvonnect system. Mind you MyTouch w/Sync has a few more features than Uconnect BUT they work all the time lol
iPhone 5 connection issues. Bluetooth streaming works when it wants to I usually have to change tracks and playlists on my phone rather the truck controls.
Aesthetics, personally I think the interior of the new Chrysler products are better, but my F-150 is more comfortable and roomy!
It might sound like I don't like my F-150, but I love it!
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails New to the F-150, wanted to say hello-image-2145665030.jpg   New to the F-150, wanted to say hello-image-3617504812.jpg   New to the F-150, wanted to say hello-image-2237441086.jpg  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome to the forums. Congrats on your purchase.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it going to do any working or just to look nice and pretty?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:42 PM
Bet

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You made the right choice by buying the limited if you wanted to stay close to a cars features!!! The limited is a very nice truck!!! I too was a dedicated Chevy man and still love GM but when I got my raptor there is just no comparison anymore!! Room, power, technology and I don't have the pretty boy package (no hate intended) welcome to the forum and congrats on your new f150!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:40 AM

Received 1,180 Likes on 1,070 Posts

welcome!!

Quick Reply: New to the F-150, wanted to say hello