Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New f-150 fx4 super crew

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 10:16 PM
crewFX4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New f-150 fx4 super crew

Picking up my new truck on Tuesday well not really new its a 2007 black on black fully loaded super crew fx4. So any mods that I should def. look into first?
Old 05-02-2010, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by philfx4
Picking up my new truck on Tuesday well not really new its a 2007 black on black fully loaded super crew fx4. So any mods that I should def. look into first?
what are you trying to mod for appearance, performance, usability?
Honestly get it leveled, check where you are with the tires, if you want to do exhaust definitely do so, and look into a programmer with custom tunes. You can look into a CAI but I think they are BS and you could just do the Gotts mod and save a lot of cash. Good luck and congrats on the new truck.... wish I had 4wd.

Last edited by lddrew; 05-02-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:52 PM
crewFX4

Not really into the performance part of it but I will like to get it leveled would you happen to know how many inch level kit I will need? I believe the truck already has a k&n and I def want a nice exhaust note and a nice small brush guard for the front, Any suggestions with brands and sites I can look into, Thanks.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by philfx4
Not really into the performance part of it but I will like to get it leveled would you happen to know how many inch level kit I will need? I believe the truck already has a k&n and I def want a nice exhaust note and a nice small brush guard for the front, Any suggestions with brands and sites I can look into, Thanks.
I have a 2.5" leveling kit. It seems to be the most popular size around here. I really like the look of mine, except it makes it look like I need bigger tires than my 265/65/18's. There are some people running 3" 2" and even 1.5" leveling kits on here and really it's just a matter of personal opinion. Just look at the pics and see which one you like the look of the best. I would definitely go 2.5" again. Not sure about the brushguard as I have no experience but I can help with the exhaust. I have a Magnaflow Single in/Dual out and I love it. Some folks swear by flowmaster but I'm sold on magnaflow. Has a really nice low rumble and doesn't drone as bad. Sounds good inside and outside but is never obnoxious. There are lots of other less popular brands and setups people run. Some folks like true duals, x piped, y piped, glasspacks, no cats, no muffler setups. Just get on youtube and see which one sounds the best to you. Personally I'd do my SI/DO magnaflow again. It's a ss muffler with a lifetime warranty aluminized piping, and 3.5" chrome tips all installed for $300. If I had more $ to blow on the exhaust i'd probably set up a true dual system running magnaflow mufflers for the aural and performance benefits, but the SI/DO should suit you just fine.
As far as the brush guard goes you could check http://truckaddons.com/ and find the brand and model you want then look for the best price. Good luck to you and be sure to get some pics up when you get everything installed. Check out the April Truck of the Month contest. All three trucks have various types of brushguards. I really like the look of screw's U-Drive stainless steel bull bar. Just depends on what you want to do with it. Oh I don't know if you have looked into it but putting lights behind the grill is a cool mod to do as well.
Oh just as a side note I don't know if you knew that you have to clean and oil that K&N filter ever so often and have to be careful not to over or under oil it. There are lots of posts and threads on here about doing just that.

Last edited by lddrew; 05-02-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:02 AM
crewFX4

Thanks alot great help I will look into everything you said.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:04 PM

good luck

Quick Reply: New f-150 fx4 super crew