Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New from Canada ( Quebec )

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 08:35 PM
super welder from hell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Canada ( Quebec )

hi there new here and im planning on buying a 2010 f-150 for my work
im opening my welding business mostly trailers and custom orders .

i know the f-150 has the most towing capacity but i wanna know all the pros and cons of it !
Old 09-04-2009, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Haha... Well before we get into a long winded conversation about this, welcome to the forum.

As far as pro's and cons, make sure you take into consideration that you are on a Ford forum and the opinions here will be a little biased, and rightfully so. The Ford does indeed have the most pulling power but if you want a stoplight to stoplight warrior, this truck most certainly not. It is by no means slow, but sadly GM, Yota, and Dodge all have a big leap over the Ford in horsepower. The Dodge is almost a joke in that even in Hemi 4x4 trim, it is only rated to tow 8000lbs. My '05 F150 is rated higher than that. The Toyota is the most comparible to the Ford in towing capacity but lets be honest... That truck has a face only a mother could love.

At the end of the day, all full sized trucks now-a-days are fairly decent trucks. I had my reason for buying the Ford, wich was the interior quality / fit and finish, towing capacity and mostly ride quality. I test drove the Dodge Ram, Yota Tundra, Chevy and GMC 1500's, and the Nissan Titan, and all NEW trucks at that. Then I drove my slightly used 3 year old F150 Lariat with 30k miles and walked away with it.

Good luck on whatever you choose!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:44 AM
all hail the blue oval

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I agree with Lenn that all the new full size trucks are decent trucks but I think you won't regret it if you go with a Ford. Personally the only other one that I would consider would be a GMC. I know it and the Chevy are basically the same truck but dang that Chevy is one ugly truck IMO. One thing to consider is our trucks can be a real pain to put spark plugs in especially the 5.4L.

Last edited by biggdaddyp; 09-04-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: left something out
Old 09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
super welder from hell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok but whats the deal with the sparkplugs lol i see it all over the forum its like the oem sparkplugs of doom or what !?

and yeah i test drove a 09 and i loved it i currently drive a 03 gmc envoy but its not the same game at all so i wont compare

plus i like the sync even if it think its realllly gay that we have to burn cds instead of copy pasting.... correct me if im wrong or if theres a hack .!

and for the performance i really dont give a sh.... i got enough speeding tickets with my envoy im 22 and the street racing attitude is gone im not 17 anymore and if i get my company name on the truck i dont think it would be professional !

thanks for the good tips and keep en coming

btw sorry for my English its because i live in quebec canada and im french im doing my best !
Old 09-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by JayMax
btw sorry for my English its because i live in quebec canada and im french im doing my best !
You are speaking (typing) better English than alot of others that come on here and this just happens to be their native tounge.

Anywho... Search for the spark plug issue. It only really effected the early 2004.5-2006's. By 2007, they went to a 2-peice plug and it is much less prone to breakage. There are a TON on threads on it and how to help prevent the issue.

Quick Reply: New from Canada ( Quebec )