Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

New 2016 Lariat 502A FX4 - The Before Pictures

Old 02-23-2017, 09:24 AM

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default New 2016 Lariat 502A FX4 - The Before Pictures

First post here but I have been lurking for awhile. I just picked up my 2016 F150 Lariat with the 502A FX4 package with the 3.5 Eco Boost in Shadow Black this week. So far I absolutely love the truck.

I have a long history of heavily modifying everything I buy (1300whp Cadillac CTS-V, e92 M3, 500whp custom STI, etc) so this will be a fun project to work on and make my own. I will be working with a really good friend of mine that owns Shine Auto Salon in Alpharetta, GA on all of the lift, detailing, etc.

So far the plans are the following...
  • 6" Lift
  • Fuel 20" wheels
  • 35" tires
  • Fab Four bumpers front and rear
  • Rigid Industries lighting
  • Paint matched Bushwacker flares

I do use the truck to travel for work so I am going back and forth on whether to lift 6" or only 4" to make the highway manners a little better. You can fit 35's on both.

I am also going back and forth on whether to do a spray in liner or the new BedTred Ultra liner...

Anyways...here are the before shots after I washed the car lot off of her. I swore to myself that I wouldn't get another black car (the last 2 were) as black is not a color but a hobby. I just couldn't help myself though.

Last edited by rsutton1223; 02-23-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:27 AM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Can't wait to see it! What are you planning performance wise? Those pictures look great! You do a some photography as a hobby or as a business?
Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by tareed94
Can't wait to see it! What are you planning performance wise? Those pictures look great! You do a some photography as a hobby or as a business?
I'm not really sure on performance yet. I have gone way overboard in that category in the past and I really don't want to effect the fuel mileage any more than the tires already will. Maybe intake a tune at most for now.

I used to do it professionally one side. I have been published in Automobile mag, European Car and others in the past. Now I just take shots of my own stuff and the kid/dogs.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:52 AM

Received 275 Likes on 239 Posts

Great pics!
Old 02-23-2017, 10:15 AM

Received 321 Likes on 237 Posts

Gorgeous trucks.

IMO go with the 4" lift. The 6" lift with 35s looks like its asking for more tire, and mileage/ride should be slightly better. 4" with 35s looks perfect.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Texas A&M Aggie

Received 1,344 Likes on 976 Posts

Originally Posted by rsutton1223
I'm not really sure on performance yet. I have gone way overboard in that category in the past and I really don't want to effect the fuel mileage any more than the tires already will. Maybe intake a tune at most for now.

I used to do it professionally one side. I have been published in Automobile mag, European Car and others in the past. Now I just take shots of my own stuff and the kid/dogs.
Haha. Exactly why I asked. I've debated doing turbos or a supercharger on my 5.0, but not sure I want to go down that road. Adding horsepower gets expensive, and I don't fully understand how it all impacts reliability but seeing as it's my only vehicle gotta keep it reliable.

Very nice. I started getting into it a bit in highschool, but didn't stick with it.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by tareed94
Haha. Exactly why I asked. I've debated doing turbos or a supercharger on my 5.0, but not sure I want to go down that road. Adding horsepower gets expensive, and I don't fully understand how it all impacts reliability but seeing as it's my only vehicle gotta keep it reliable.

Very nice. I started getting into it a bit in highschool, but didn't stick with it.
My V was a fully built motor on race gas, methanol injected and a huge shot of nitrous. Not bad for a 6 speed 4 door sedan with a baby seat. I have had enough of built motors/breaking stuff.

Search this Thread