Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

From Minivan to F150!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Received 1,585 Likes on 950 Posts
Default From Minivan to F150!

That's right, I couldn't take it anymore....the dreaded minivan! ACK! Now granted, if you need to haul 8 comfortably & efficiently, the Odyssey is a great choice. But I really don't....at least, not very often....so, now we can take 2 cars, big whoop.

ANYway, hello from Buckeye Country, central Ohio! Now that the recent incentives have made these trucks more affordable, I ditched the Ody for a '15 XLT Super Crew FX4 in Blue Jean! Holy Cr@p what an awesome truck! I'm totally smitten. Keep in mind, my last F150 was a 1988 model, so yeah, we have come a LONG way, baby!

Looking forward to learning from the great wealth of experience here, and sharing some of my lame stories, ideas, and general cockamameeness.

Cheers!
Old 09-09-2015, 09:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats on upgrading your man status. Did you get the Ecoboost? There is a ton of help to be had on this forum, but you can also go nuts if you read every problem and wonder if your truck will experience it. Just enjoy the ride! Welcome!
Old 09-09-2015, 10:34 PM

Received 1,585 Likes on 950 Posts

Thanks Big-t! I barely had any kahongas left, after too many miles in the ody. Thank goodness the F150 can grow them back quickly.... I even developed a full beard after just 34 miles of driving. ARR!

Yeah, I got the 2.7....what an amazing little engine! There's no way a big, hulking 4x4 pickup should be this much fun to drive! And get 20+ mpg to boot! I drove a friend's back in the spring (it had ~8K miles on it), and was getting 26mpg in mixed driving. I was sold. The recent incentives finally made it affordable for me. It was an easy decision, no regrets so far!

Quick Reply: From Minivan to F150!