Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

lookin for answers...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Co_Ed_Nakd_K-9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lookin for answers...

i have a 2006 F150 FX4 that i bought new i have a couple of things that im trying to work out on it. so far it has 22000 miles and i am starting to notice a vibration in the breaks when applied. (obviously they are warping) i am wandering if anyone else is having this problem. i am not hard on the breaks and tow my toys occaisonally. but nothing serious.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:46 AM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it a vibration, or is the brake pedal pulsing up and down slightly when you apply the brakes?

It could be warping rotors or uneven wear on the pads/shoes.
Pull the wheels off and visually inspect the brakes for obvious signs of wear.

You could try taking it to a repair shop. Many places near me will offer a free brake inspection so it should not cost you to find out what/if the problem is.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Co_Ed_Nakd_K-9

the break pedal is pulsing. i'm pretty sure it's the rotors im thinking about going to a heavy duty cross drilled rotor system.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Take it back to the dealereship and make them fix it.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 AM
Driver carries no money.

Welcome to the show!!

Originally Posted by wxmcpo
Take it back to the dealereship and make them fix it.
What he said!
Old 12-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Default me to same problem

it was the brake calipers. the calipers float on two little pistons, well one was seized and when the brake was applied force was being applied to only one side of the rotor this warped the whole thing, if you change brake pads allways remove these little pistons clean them and grease them and put them back or replace them alltogether, these parts are cheap. With one seized i had to replace the caliper bracket. if you do the work dont forget to use thread locker when you reassemble. brakes are easy to do yourself.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 PM

Default oh dont forget

sorry this may sound stupid but i should have mentioned if you do your brakes yourself use jack stands. Accidents happen very fast and if you are hunched under the fender, well let me say i was lucky it only knocked me over and gave me a bump on the head. oh it was a new dolly jack with one bad pin.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:21 PM

Default 2006 second time in for breaks warping

Every 12000 miles on my 06 so far. Im not happy. they say im getting them to hot. I am not towing, i have driven these mountains for 30 years and never had a problem. Last time it was 20 degs and doing about 50 mph due to ice and snow. how am i over heating the rotors? I have heard of this problem with many f150s. Anyone else?

D
Old 01-12-2008, 09:32 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYFISH
Every 12000 miles on my 06 so far. I'm not happy. they say I'm getting them too hot. I am not towing, i have driven these mountains for 30 years and never had a problem. Last time it was 20 degrees and doing about 50 mph due to ice and snow. how am I over heating the rotors? I have heard of this problem with many f150s. Anyone else?

D
Yet another dealer blowing a customer off. Take it back and tell the service manger to fix them. Is there another Ford dealer in you area. You might consider taking it somewhere else. Be sure to complain to the area Ford customer service rep'.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:28 PM

Thanks for the info

Quick Reply: lookin for answers...