Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just joined and bought first ford

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just joined and bought first ford

Hey guys, just introducing myself. I bought my first ford ever today. F150 super crew w/6.5' bed, tuxedo black lariat. Ford earned my business for a few reasons: 6.5' bed was a must and I only needed a 1/2 ton, the interior is huge, and the ride on the 157" wheel base is great. They also didn't steel my money like GM or Chrysler back in 2008.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:22 AM
"Lifted"

Received 223 Likes on 200 Posts

Welcome to the site
Old 08-04-2012, 09:43 AM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Welcome, did you actually test drive and price out the competitors?

I thought it was kind of interesting that I didn't even bother.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I drove all except the Dodge, wouldn't buy a Dodge if it was free. I owned a 2002 GMC 1500 for 11yrs and 167k miles. I thought I was going to buy another one. I need the crew cab and wanted the 6.5' bed. Only combo offered in Ford, and if I jumped to the 3/4 ton it was F250 Diesel all the way. I couldn't justify the cost though.

My take on the rides:
Toyota, great power, SUV like ride, bouncy and minimal stability feel. Actual feel of door panels etc, very cheap, very noisy ride. Ineterior space comparable to Ford, larger than GMC. Technical layout, by far the best I have ever seen, everything Not seen by the average Joe was great. Brake lines were easily accessible, spark plugs, filters, etc all easily worked on.

GMC, pretty good ride, didn't have that bounce feel to it like the Ford or Toyota for the 5.5' bed. No updates since I bought my truck 11yrs ago, not necessarily a bad thing, I had no major repairs on my truck. Interior was smallest, if you didn't go SLT everything looked super cheap. Way low on power, 5.3l needs a major upgrade. 6spd auto was strange, not crisp like Ford or Toyota, but not terrible. I probably would have bought one if it had the 6.5' bed and they didn't take tax money to keep from going bankrupt.

Ford, IMO, the 5.5' bed was comparable to the Toyota in ride and interior space, except I noticed a resonance vibration once I got over 55mph. This is non existent on the 6.5' bed. In all reality I liked the 250 diesel the best, super stiff ride, bottomless torque with the 6.7l diesel. The gas version of the 250 is a dog, I don't think it could get out of a paper bag. In the end we bought the 150 ecoboost, crew cab with 6.5' bed. I love the ride, the engine is awsome, I think it's smooth and the twin turbo creates low end torque and seamless mid to high range power. I prefer the v8 sound but I thought the eco was a better choice for us. I think the interior is the best of the 4 manufactures out there. Seats are super comfortable and the truck is solid.

Originally Posted by superccs
Welcome, did you actually test drive and price out the competitors?

I thought it was kind of interesting that I didn't even bother.
Old 08-06-2012, 03:20 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Welcome to the site
Old 08-07-2012, 06:46 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to F150forum.com

Quick Reply: Just joined and bought first ford