Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Introduction

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction

Hi, Found this site using Google and it has already answered several of my questions. I just outgrew my 4Runner and decided I had to have a pickup so I went looking for the best deal on a truck I could afford that was super clean. No preference but ended up with a 2000 Extended Cab F100 4x4 with 75,000 miles on it. I forgot how much fun it was to drive a truck and now I am exceeding my budget in every way imaginable getting the truck right for me. I am a resident of Costa Rica and spend three months a year down there and I work in Thailand so I usually am there for six months. The last three months, September through November, is when I break out my vehicle and do at least one hunting trip ( antelope, nothing, elk, and blacktail deer the last four years; and I do as much fishing in the coastal streams as I can for steelhead and salmon. I mounted a Leer cap on the truck and a Bedrug liner so there will be many a night spent in the back of this rig. I am planning to add a grill guard and sets of driving and fog lights somehow that I can leave space for a winch in the future... haven't figured out exactly how to do that yet, and I want to replace the factory 17" wheels and get some good aggressive tires that won't drown out the radio on the highway... I will be asking advice here on the best way to go as far as tire and wheel size options. I'm now planning to take a drive down to Costa Rica with this rig. I don't know if I can pull it off this year or have to wait until 2011 but I am starting to research the route and difficulties that might be encountered. Well then i just want to say hello to everyone and start out by being a fly on the wall.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:29 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

Welcome to the forum...lots of good guys here ... POST SOME PICTURESSSS!!!...lol

Quick Reply: Introduction