Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Information Seeker - Evo Custom Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Problem Solver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Information Seeker - Evo Custom Tunes

ALL:

I recently joined the forum to keep up with new developments and join in on some discussions. Just search for cheap power in a 2007 5.4L FX4. Stock is too soft for my taste. Currently experimenting with custom tunes for all around used in Level 3 performance.

I'm sure I'll be around.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Driver carries no money.

Welcome to the show!!
Old 01-18-2008, 04:02 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Evo's are not custom tunes. They are canned tunes.. Just an FYI. Welcome to the site.
Old 01-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Problem Solver

Default Not Custom Tunes - CUSTOM FEATURES

NGM:

I would hate to start on a site getting hung up on semantics. I am perfectly aware that Evo's are equipped with "canned tunes," but customizing is available and it was this I was refering to.

I am interested what has work well with others, particularly the shift points, and shift firmness. I have noticed with shift firmness settings of o,o,-15 that shifting from 3rd to 4 (OD) is still a bit too firm. This excessive feeling is only usually noticeable when at cruising speeds around 45 -60 mph. Keep in mind this is level 3 and no other significant custom settings.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:41 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Special K - First off, welcome to the boards, this is a great place with a lot of great guys and gals that are more than willing to offer suggestions and assistance.

NGM does have a point. The Edge Evo is a canned tuner, sure you can adjust some of the settings to "customize" it to your liking, but there's a world of difference between customized Edge tunes and true custom tunes. If you came in looking for opinions on a true custom tune to get for your truck wouldn't those semantics be important to you?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:28 AM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

trans tuning is a martial art, not a toy. Adjusting line pressure is a tricky business, there are only a handful of Ford tuners in the country who actually know what to do, this is inpart due to SCT software, not anyone elses. Hypertech and Edge both do the same thing, just set the overall line pressure to a high setting all the way across the board instead of just at the point of shift. The lockup and shift schedule tables are so deep that Edge honestly cant even touch it and if someone in their company could, they would be working for someone else.

The Evo tuner is a cheap way to cook a vey well built OEM transmission.

Quick Reply: Information Seeker - Evo Custom Tunes