Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I'm back!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

Default I'm back!

Hi, All!

I joined up a few years back when I was thinking about the new EcoBoost F150s or maybe a Raptor, but never pulled the trigger. Now, my buddy just got a new King Ranch and I'm thinking of trading in my Chevy Avalanche again and have been playing with the Configurators to see what the options are. Very impressed with the new Ford tech and the variety of configurations offered!

So, though I probably won't do anything until the fall and see the new 2016s, if the right Lariat (or maybe Platinum) comes along, I may jump on it. Looking at a Magnetic or Blue Jean Lariat 3.5L Ecoboost FX4 Sport, all the bells and whistles except parking assist and adaptive cruise control (502a w/o Tech package), plus max tow. Ideally, if I could get a Platinum w/ the 18" wheels from the Lariat Sport FX4, that would be ideal! But, it looks like the Platinum is limited to the 20" wheels.

One of my main issues with my current truck is the MPGs, which just seem to be getting worse, so I'm real interested to see if the 2016 has the 10-speed transmission and any other MPG improvements. I also hear rumors (from suspicious websites...) that there may be some improvements to the 3.5L Ecoboost (power, maybe engine shut off?), suspension, interior seating surfaces, center console and the Sync OS (I'm a tech guy, so that's important to me), though I suspect some of this is actually only pertinent to the Raptor.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:22 PM
1A Auto Parts

Received 473 Likes on 453 Posts

Thanks for joining, it's great to have you here

Tony
Old 04-28-2015, 12:03 PM

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome back to the forum!

Quick Reply: I'm back!