Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I had never driven a Ford before, bought one after the first test drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I had never driven a Ford before, bought one after the first test drive

Hi all,

My wife and I purchased a 2016 F-150 XLT SuperCrew a few days ago. For both of us, it was the first time we had ever driven a Ford, and we loved it! I can't say either of us have some religious brand loyalty, it just never happened.

We had a Nissan Titan, which served us well, but with a growing family and crappy gas mileage, it was time for a change.

I'm 6'9", my wife is 6'4", and the amount of room in the cab of this truck is absolutely astonishing. The Ecoboost 3.5's power and 36 gallon fuel tank sealed the deal. It'll be my daily driver and will also be used to tow a small travel trailer. Hopefully this will be an end to the "where's the next gas station" anxiety...

Anyways, I lurked here for a bit prior to purchase to try to learn a bit more than what the dealers will tell you. I found this community refreshing; due in part to folks that are responsive, respectful, and cordial. So, a huge thanks!

And, all that to just say, hello! From Centennial, CO

-Mike
Old 09-19-2016, 09:03 PM

Received 394 Likes on 361 Posts

Yeah you definitely need the head room. Lol. Congrats on the new ride. I'm 6'2" and i have my seat most the way back. Still fits all 3 kids in the back comfortably.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:04 PM
Motor 10

Received 89 Likes on 82 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase, and welcome to the thread.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:47 PM

Received 224 Likes on 152 Posts

I read your story to my wife, it sounds similar to us.

We just bought a 2016 F150 Supercrew. I'm 6'9 and my wife is 5' 11" (fairly tall).

We have 3 kids and love camping. We tow our 23ft travel trailer with our Chevy Traverse (22 gallon tank).

We now have a 3.5L ecoboost and 36 gallon fuel tank. Trips will be more fun now!

I just brought my truck home tonight.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubyRed Canadian
I read your story to my wife, it sounds similar to us.

We just bought a 2016 F150 Supercrew. I'm 6'9 and my wife is 5' 11" (fairly tall).

We have 3 kids and love camping. We tow our 23ft travel trailer with our Chevy Traverse (22 gallon tank).

We now have a 3.5L ecoboost and 36 gallon fuel tank. Trips will be more fun now!

I just brought my truck home tonight.
That's awesome!

Quick Reply: I had never driven a Ford before, bought one after the first test drive