Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I guess I should introduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I guess I should introduce myself

Well hello. I am fairly new to the board and I am finally introducing myself. I am in the Army and currently live in CO. I own a 2003 XLT Supercab with about 37k mi. I have owned this truck for almost 3 yrs and haven't done too many mods yet because a year of that was spent in Iraq and I am getting ready to go again.

So far about all I have done is install AVS vent visors and bugshield and just recently put on new tires because I got rock cuts in a couple when I was hunting last month and they couldn't be repaired. The new ones are 285/75/16 Yokohama geolander A/Ts. They fill the wheel well pretty nice without any rub but I am going to lift (already purchased a kit) it a few inches to make sure it is good to go when I am in the mountains. I've also installed a Sirius radio, toolbox, and running boards.

My future plans include (in no particular order) finishing the lift, true dual exhaust, a cold air intake, spray in bedliner, ram air hood, and possibly a supercharger eventually.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sounds like you got yourself a good plan.

what kind of lift did you get?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:12 PM

Welcome to the site. Sounds like a nice truck.
And Thank you very much for serving our country!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Blue Angel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greetings
Old 11-22-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Welcome to the site!
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to the site!

I also have the Geolandar A/T-S tires. I have 31x10.50's on my 1996 F150 4x4. There is no problem with tire rub and I don't have a lift kit. I understand about the rough terrain though and a lift kit will probably be a good idea to improve clearance. Where I hunt the ground is fairly level. I hunt on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and it is mostly sandy terrain and some mud.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the boards.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:17 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the board HeavyD!
Old 11-23-2007, 08:14 AM

Monrning HeavyD,

do you find that the bug deflector works?

I don't have one, but I am thinking of getting one and I don't want to sink any money into it, if it is just going to be a pretty add on that doesn't do anything for me.

We will often get wet heavy snow in my area, and I don't want the snow ripping it off the truck.

The Mrs is not very tall and she needs a plastic milk crate to stand on for this winter if she is going to get the snow off the windshield. The snow on the roof is likely to stay there until I get the chance to take it off myself. That is until she brakes and it come flying off the roof onto the hood of the truck. If there is a bug shield there, it likely won't be after that...

Mitch
Old 11-24-2007, 07:12 PM

Thanks for the friendly welcomes everybody.

Ty - The lift is from Springtech. Basically it's a leveling kit for the front and then replacement leaf spring shackles for the rear. I didn't want anything too extreme. I might go with a 4" Fabtech eventually but probably not until I need new tires again, since I'll want to go bigger if I get a lift like that.

Mitch - I think that the bug deflector works. At least for what I wanted. I got mine mostly to prevent rock chips on the hood but it seems to keep the bugs off the windshield pretty well too. Here in Colorado we get a lot of wet snows too and I haven't had any problems as far as that goes. It is on there pretty well and its strong enough that when you press on it to close the hood it doesn't give at all. I don't think that you'll have anything to worry about if you put one on. I'm only 5'3" myself so I know about not being very tall.

Some future plans that I forgot to mention include a hard tonneau, svt style or projector headlights, edge tuner or custom tune, new wheels, winch, prerunner bar on the front bumper, off road lights, and prerunner side steps.

Last edited by Heavy D; 11-25-2007 at 12:35 AM.

Quick Reply: I guess I should introduce myself