Topic Sponsor
Introductions New to the site? Introduce yourself!

I am Brand New In Every Aspect - Where Did You Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation I am Brand New In Every Aspect - Where Did You Start

Hi Everyone,

I am a young soldier posted to the isolation of Canadian Forces Base Shilo just outside of Brandon, Manitoba, Canada. I have always enjoyed fixing cars in my spare time and learning anything I could. I have just never had the pleasure and fortune of actually having a "project vehicle." That has all recently changed. I found a 1997 F150 XL 4X4 with the 4.6L Triton. I am very excited as i got it for 500.00. I have big plans for it and I look forward to having access to knowledgable advice as this will be the first MAJOR project I will be undertaking.

I have done lots of brake and oil jobs, a few CV shafts, some sensors, hub and bearing assemblies, some intake gaskets and other misc projects. Enough to know I love a challenge and the satisfaction of an automotive project. I am no pro, but I definitely look forward the the learning curve that this truck will be for me.

But Where did YOU start? What was the first MAJOR project for you, and what was the biggest development or lesson to be learned as far as F150's go.
I would love to know from the vets of the Ford repair world??

Thanks,

Quick Reply: I am Brand New In Every Aspect - Where Did You Start